BUG: 5.0.3.2625 RC-2 Menus no longer working

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

TekGamer

BUG: 5.0.3.2625 RC-2 Menus no longer working

Post by TekGamer »

When I click on any menu in the menu bar I am getting a small square window with scroll bars that looks like it has black and white icons and the text of each menu item if you scroll down, in a single colun. Sorry, It is impossible to get a screenshot of this. MM5 exhibits the same behavior on the right-click menus. The only option I have it to hit ALT-F4 to close MM5 since it is unusable without the menus. Any idea on what I can do, I have already tried to reinstall and no luck!
TekGamer
Lowlander

Re: BUG: 5.0.3.2625 RC-2 Menus no longer working

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please try a PC restart? Does that resolve the issue?

Which Skin are you using and do you have changed DPI or Text Size settings in Windows?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Also rename persistent.json and persistent.bck -> 1persistent.json and 1persistent.bck and start MM again. If they work, please rename them back to persistent.json and persistent.bck and see if you can replicate. Finally if yes attach persistent.json and persistent.bck into new support ticket for us to analyze.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TekGamer

Post by TekGamer »

I have the same settings I have used for years... I have an UltraWide monitor set a 5120x1440 resolution with a 125% scale for text. and with MM5 I am using the CodeMonkey skin.
Last edited by TekGamer on Mon May 16, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TekGamer
TekGamer

Post by TekGamer »

I removed the zip files for the other skins that I had downloaded in the past from the skins directory and restarted MM5 and now the menus work just fine. I didn't reboot, or change anything else. Very weird!
TekGamer