[REQ] DISCSUBTITLE [#19057 #19673]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

[REQ] DISCSUBTITLE [#19057 #19673]

Post by ed.j »

There is a tag call Disc Subtitle ( DISCSUBTITLE ) which is used to label individual discs or sections within a multi-CD album etc.

For example, say on the Jay-Z album The Blueprint 2, the first CD is "The Gift" and the second CD is "The Curse".

It would be great if MM could read these tags, and show them, for example in the "List - by album" view. My proposal would be to simply have a line with the Disc title in the right place, not to recreate album artwork etc. Some people may vote for artwork to be different per disc, for simplicity I'd say not.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] DISCSUBTITLE

Post by Lowlander »

Peke

Re: [REQ] DISCSUBTITLE [#19057]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I updated https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19057 to cover also other metadata formats not just FLAC taht uses DISKSUBTITLE that is common only in FLAC (Vorbis comment).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Thanks very much guys. I think with this one in particular there is more to it than support simply being added for the tag, it's the ability to incorporate the tag into how the album is displayed.

Check out my botch-job example below:

Peke

Post by Peke »

Unfortunately that what you propose is not possible in List views, but that DISCSUBTITLE would be Column. Your Example woudl be possible once it is implemented in Album View where Disks are separated.
ed.j wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:14 am I think with this one in particular there is more to it than support simply being added for the tag,
To quote you, I agree, but that also unfortunately delay implementation, because it needs to be propagated thru out whole MM UI :(
Best regards,
Peke
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

It doesn't really make sense to separate them in Album View, because they are from the same album...

Having an extra column is OK as a temporary fix but I'm sure you can see why my proposal is the ideal scenarion. Appreciate it may be difficult though :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am not sure what is wrong with current implemetations:

List views are designed to be spreadsheet like views with as little as possible deviations.

Columns are not temp solution but only correct way for List views.
Best regards,
Peke
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Peke wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:44 pm Hi,
I am not sure what is wrong with current implemetations:
I don't use that view very often so hadn't noticed it was implemented there - fantastic! Only thing now is to give the discs the name that is stored in the tags!
Peke wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:44 pm List views are designed to be spreadsheet like views with as little as possible deviations.

Columns are not temp solution but only correct way for List views.
Fair enough.
Peke

Post by Peke »

ed.j wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:33 am I don't use that view very often so hadn't noticed it was implemented there - fantastic! Only thing now is to give the discs the name that is stored in the tags!
Exactly, so that is why https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19057 is made for ;)

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
ed.j

Post by ed.j »

Behaviour has become weird for this tag, when using Grid (by Album) view.

If you select a track from one disc and then try to shift-click a track in another disc (from the same album), MM acts as if you have done ctrl-click. Shift-click within discs works but if you hold shift down and select mutliple songs within discs, it keeps them all selected. It shouldn't do this, it should unselect the previous ones.

Hard to describe exactly what is going on but if you play around with shift-click you'll see what I mean.

The view remains messed up until you refresh the page.

MM 5.0.4.2690

I also don't understand the maths/logic for how MM decides how many tracks to put in each column, but I can live with that.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »