No Sound, Return to non-beta

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Mark S

No Sound, Return to non-beta

Post by Mark S »

I am using the MM5 beta builds as I am waiting on a fix. However, I have noticed another issue that was not there when I was not on beta builds. When playing, it seems like every 2nd or 3rd song is silent. If I click to next track, or back to start, the sound is back. But then happens again a couple of tracks later

All of this aside, how do I return to being a non-beta tester i.e. move back to the last GA version?
Lowlander

Re: No Sound, Return to non-beta

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you seeing this with and which Output Plugin is enabled?
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

If you are using WASAPI output, the default settings are poor and will result in no output from playback if you are using a DAC. Why these defaults were selected is a mystery, but they will not work until you change them.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Reason that WASAPI fail is due teh windows OS settings that allow any app to take exclusive control over DAC and in taht case MM is not able to play anything. Once you disable exclusive in Windows and in MM you will have normal sound.

NOTE: I have done extensive tests on Sound cards raging from 5-5000USD and they all behave same. The better DAC you have (See my sys profile in signature what I use) they are more driven thru DAW + ASIO usage that do not allow any other app access/use DAC except one that exclusively use it and Windows Driver os very limited due the DAW apps use own direct low level drivers and do not need windows one.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

My apologies, this is an MMA issue. Will post correctly.