DLNA / UPnP plays only a few files

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

teo_teo

DLNA / UPnP plays only a few files

Post by teo_teo »

Hello,
I use MMV5 (standard) and the DLNA / UPnP server. I can see all files with MMA (pro) on my mobile and via VLC on a different PC but I can only play a few of them. For those which are not playable I get the error "Server inaccessible. Searching".
With the MMV5 I can play all of the files (mp3).
Do you know how this could be resolved?
Lowlander

Re: DLNA / UPnP plays only a few files

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using? I suggest trying the latest 5.0.3 Release Candidate: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd-d
teo_teo

Post by teo_teo »

Hello Lowlander,

thank you for your reply, I had used the Version 5.0.2. after yor post I Updated to the newest Version, but the error is still there.
For example i wanna sync 850 files via Playlist sync from MMA and 813 can not be synced.
May I have some missing/wrong content in the tags? I've a look on two different files, but I can not find any missing/wrong information. If it's needed I can send you some examples.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

So both Sync and Streaming fail? Do the files that fail play in MediaMonkey itself? How stable is the connection to your network? Maybe the device is loosing wifi connection or connecting to a different wifi network?

You can send a debug log from MMA right after this issue occurs and add the logID to a Support Ticket so a developer can analyze why this happens in your setup.
teo_teo

Post by teo_teo »

Yes, both fail, but I I thougt both uses the same Interface to communicate.
The files plays well in MMW and the network connection is also very well. As I already discribed also from another PC with VLC-Player installed i got the same error. Here I have a ethernet connection (LAN).

I can send the debug log, but I think the problem is more on the MMW side.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Logs from both MMW5 and MMA may help, for MMW5 please see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643