[REQ] Mood/Occassion/Quality toolbar [#17826]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

CosmicKnowledge

[REQ] Mood/Occassion/Quality toolbar [#17826]

Post by CosmicKnowledge »

MM4 had a way to create a custom toolbar that let me quickly assigned Moods, Occasions, Quality, etc. to a song or group of songs. MM5 has nothing like that. MM5 has a really slow and clumsy interface that takes 3-8x more clicks to effect simple changes.

In the Metro M (classic) theme, adjacent to the "rating" for a song, add single click icons that allow you to select Moods, Occasions, Quality, etc. for a song or selected songs. The click-out panel should let you select several applicable entries for each property at one time (e.g. Mood = select Mellow, Suspense, Wild, Upbeat, ...).
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Mood/Occassion/Quality toolbar

Post by Lowlander »

Ludek

Re: [REQ] Mood/Occassion/Quality toolbar [#17826]

Post by Ludek »

I know that Moods, Occasions, Quality can no longer be configurable as part of the toolbar. But as for drag&drop of multiple tracks to a particular mood: I've just tested that it still works within Media Tree. So workaround is to have another tab opened with the tempo/mood nodes expanded as the drop targets ?
CosmicKnowledge

Ludek wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:15 am I know that Moods, Occasions, Quality can no longer be configurable as part of the toolbar. But as for drag&drop of multiple tracks to a particular mood: I've just tested that it still works within Media Tree. So workaround is to have another tab opened with the tempo/mood nodes expanded as the drop targets ?
That's a really slow and clumsy method that requires lots of extra clicking and scrolling. And, it doesn't easily let you assign multiple things separated by semicolons. Bottom line: this new GUI needs some significant rework to make it equivalent to MM4. Please add this feature. For me, a paid user, MM5 is a downgrade in basic functionality. BTW, I still can't sync to Android devices, months later.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

How does Sync fail? Please start a separate forum topic for Sync. It works for me.
CosmicKnowledge

Lowlander wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:42 pm How does Sync fail? Please start a separate forum topic for Sync. It works for me.
I already did a long time ago... one of your guys wrote in a bug report in your bug tracker but I'm not sure he adequately captured the real problem. He titled it "sync fails with big files" or something like that but in fact, it is failing even with small files. The Android client always hangs with "waiting for file to convert...".

Here's a log from right now: Log ID 1HCVC6R861
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

CosmicKnowledge wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:09 pm
Lowlander wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:42 pm How does Sync fail? Please start a separate forum topic for Sync. It works for me.
I already did a long time ago... one of your guys wrote in a bug report in your bug tracker but I'm not sure he adequately captured the real problem. He titled it "sync fails with big files" or something like that but in fact, it is failing even with small files. The Android client always hangs with "waiting for file to convert...".

Are you referring this forum topic: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 64#p482364 ?
Can you continue there, but ensure that you are using the newest MM5 debug build: https://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaM ... _Debug.exe
and generate debug log with DbgView started prior to MM5 start (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 ) ?
Thanks!
CosmicKnowledge

Ludek wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:26 am
CosmicKnowledge wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:09 pm

Are you referring this forum topic: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 64#p482364 ?
Can you continue there, but ensure that you are using the newest MM5 debug build: https://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/MediaM ... _Debug.exe
and generate debug log with DbgView started prior to MM5 start (item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 ) ?
Thanks!
I just posted both debug logs to the other forum. I just verified sync does not work with the latest versions of both MM5 and MMA.
CosmicKnowledge

[REQ] Quick Tagging GUI tools

MM4 was significantly more efficient for mass tagging and auditing new music. MM5 takes many more keystrokes and/or clicks. Specifically, I need a way to easily tag a playing song with tags such as Mood, Occassion, Quality. I use numerous tags at the same time for a song or group of songs (e.g. Mood = Upbeat; Mellow). Maybe have a panel that allows you to select multiple tags using checkboxes and/or text entry. I noticed the recent builds of MM5 allow you to choose a rating for a song by clicking on the GUI element of the player. I need a far more efficient way to audit new music without having to go 5 layers deep to change a single tag. I've been asking for this for a very, very long time.

Paid user
MM5.0.2.2532
Windows 10
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Quick Tagging GUI tools

Post by Lowlander »

Preview window can be set to allow tagging (right click, Allow edits).
CosmicKnowledge

Re: [REQ] Quick Tagging GUI tools

Lowlander wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:14 am Preview window can be set to allow tagging (right click, Allow edits).
Although it does allow editing, it's clumsy. It's a tiny text box and you have to use the keyboard. It should let you select various Moods, Occassions, Quality, etc. via checkboxes so that the database isn't polluted with erroneous entries. Also, it's hard to remember every possible meta-data value that I've previously set up. Lastly, the text box entry doesn't lend itself to doing multi-selections. In the full file properties I can separate multiple entries with a semicolon but it really needs a GUI to quickly tag things. Right now everything takes a large number of clicks and keystrokes combined with what I said above.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

MM5.0.4.2656 Alpha
Flexible Toolbar is also a huge improvement. This allows me to achieve my preferred way of working with just one click.

Classification: Occasion --- That's a huge step forward - however:

1. if no song is selected in View "Detail", ALL songs in current view will be changed to the new value - all broken.
UPDATE: It's the same with MOOD, QUALITY and TEMPO --- VERY BAD
as well as all scripts that can be called up via the toolbar - THAT'S VERY, VERY BAD
NO CHANGES WITHOUT SELECTION

2. Please make multiple entries possible AND sort alphabetically the field "Occasion"- e.g.: Lambada; Party

Now all that's missing is a "PlaylistManger" and I'll switch to MM5.
My last entry from Jun 28, 2022, 10:20 am https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... l&start=27

Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

@Ludek
Classification: Occasion --- That's a huge step forward - however:
1. if no song is selected in View "Detail", ALL songs in current view will be changed to the new value - all broken.
UPDATE: It's the same with MOOD, QUALITY and TEMPO --- VERY BAD
as well as all scripts that can be called up via the toolbar - THAT'S VERY, VERY BAD
NO CHANGES WITHOUT SELECTION

2. Please make multiple entries possible AND sort alphabetically the field "Occasion"- e.g.: Lambada; Party

Thank's
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Sorry, problem is not solved in MMW 5.0.4.2659 beta either.

If no record is marked, the whole collection will be changed!!!
Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.