Smart AutoPlaylists or AutoPlaylists with variables using Amazon Alexa / Echo devices

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MMMM

Smart AutoPlaylists or AutoPlaylists with variables using Amazon Alexa / Echo devices

Post by MMMM »

I don't think what I do, or would like to do with MediaMonkey and my Amazon Alexa / Echo devices is that unusual, so either there is already a great solution, or everyone else just deals with it using a, or the work-around. Anyway I have a library of 30,000 + songs, that I have tagged with genres, ratings, date, and a custom column of the highest position a song reached on Billboard's Hot 100 (ok, that might be somewhat out of the norm :) ). I often play my MediaMonkey curated music using my Amazon devices and the "My Media for Alexa" add-on. I've created AutoPlaylists for each year, of songs that are rated above a certain value. I've created AutoPlaylists for each year, of songs that reached Billboard's Top 40. I love these playlists and the ability to do this. Now that I'm creating AutoPlaylists for each artist, I wonder if there is a better way. I would love if playlists could accept variables, so that instead of creating all these playlists, I could simply ask, "Play all songs by The Beatles rated 3 stars or higher" or "Play all Rock songs from 1978" or "Play all songs that rated 3 stars or higher that reached Billboard's Hot 100". Yes, AutoPlaylists can be created for all of these, but every time there is a new artist, a couple of new AutoPlaylists would have to be created, and we're talking about hundreds of playlists. So are AutoPlaylists that can accept variables, a realistic thought?
Lowlander

Re: Smart AutoPlaylists or AutoPlaylists with variables using Amazon Alexa / Echo devices

Post by Lowlander »

You can do an Advanced Search if you want a Criteria based search without creating an AutoPlaylist for it.
MMMM

Re: Smart AutoPlaylists or AutoPlaylists with variables using Amazon Alexa / Echo devices

Post by MMMM »

Thank you Lowlander. That's true, but what I'm wondering is if there is a way to simply ask my Amazon devices via My Media for Alexa, or some other app to "play all songs by <artist name> that has a rating of 3 stars or higher" or "play all Rock songs from 1978". This would negate the need to create so many playlists/autoplaylists. A MediaMonkey app for Alexa possibly?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, there is no integration with assistants.