Playback continues muted on Android

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

CaptSteel

Re: Playback continues muted on Android

Post by CaptSteel »

Turning off transitions seems to have worked for me. I recently upgraded from a Pixel 2 to 6 pro and had transitions set to "gapless". The sound seems to fade in a bit at the start of tracks, which I would prefer it didn't (why I was trying gapless), but I'll definitely take *some* audio over none! I was having to skip back to the start after practically every new track started to get audio output.
Pjkat

Post by Pjkat »

I was encountering the same issue with audio transitions making playback mute. This was with my car and earbuds. Setting audio transitions to none stopped the issue.
Thank you. I was about to try another player.
ragout

Post by ragout »

Much thanks for the workaround. Its been driving me nuts since I got my pixel 6.

Steve
Boy_Narf

Post by Boy_Narf »

I was just about to post about this. THANK YOU! Been driving me crazy as my wireless bud batteries have given up and I had to swap back to a wired connection.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Changing the transition setting to none did not work for me. Did anybody else have another solution for this or am I pretty much just stuck without listening to music? I've been using MediaMonkey for years with no problems and then I swapped to a pixel 6 afterward so it seems like it's the phone and not MediaMonkey. I'm going to scour the internet for solutions and I'll let you all know what I find
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
While playing muted track can you please use ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs -> WRITE LOG ID HERE ->Press OK to send the log and Submit reply with log id you written here in order for us to be able to analyze it?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
scarabea

Post by scarabea »

I had this issue on my Pix l 3xl and now it the same on my Pixel 6 upgrade.
ipohl

Post by ipohl »

Did you receive any log so far?

I have a theory that google os somehow creates a second pointer to the music library which will be shown to mmp. That pointer us somehow not complete. I synced a new playlist and it was visible in mmp. Next day, that playlist was missing... Using a file ecplorer i saw that in my music folder in Android the playlist was there. Un addition there were even still music files which i have desynchronized (deleted) using mmp sync....

So in Essence, when mmp checks for existing files, Android os seems to provide wrong information....

Back to question. Do you have received a log?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
ipohl wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 2:24 am Did you receive any log so far?
Back to question. Do you have received a log?
It is assigned to devs, they check received logs. What is the LOG ID?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Mark S

No Sound, Return to non-beta

Post by Mark S »

I am using the MM5 beta builds as I am waiting on a fix. However, I have noticed another issue that was not there when I was not on beta builds. When playing, it seems like every 2nd or 3rd song is silent. If I click to next track, or back to start, the sound is back. But then happens again a couple of tracks later

All of this aside, how do I return to being a non-beta tester i.e. move back to the last GA version?
Lowlander

Re: No Sound, Return to non-beta

Post by Lowlander »

Are you talking about MediaMonkey 5, not MediaMonkey for Android (this forum)? If so, please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer to analyze why this happens on your setup.
Mark S

Re: No Sound, Return to non-beta

Post by Mark S »

My apologies, I do mean MMA. Basically, if you let it play, the 2nd or 3rd song will be silent. But if you click next or back, it will always play.

But my main question is how can I get back to non-beta MMA? With this current bug, app is basically unworkable.
Mark S

Post by Mark S »

I ended up here searching for a problem where, when the next track is reached, the sound is muted. Push next or back, and the sound is heard. Until 2 or 3 songs later.

Interestingly, I upgraded from a Pixel 3XL to Pixel 6 Pro, which seems to be the common denominator here.

I will turn off transactions and change playback notifications to system as per previous poster. Will let you know how I go.
Mark S

Re: MediaMonkey Stops Playing Audio

Post by Mark S »

I have exactly the same problem. However, it only started to happen after I upgraded from Pixel 3XL to Pixel 6 Pro.
cbeschler

Re: MediaMonkey Stops Playing Audio

Post by cbeschler »

I have a similar problem in that MMA will play my playlist, then the music stops. When I look at MMA, it plays about 3 seconds (no sound) of the next song in the playlist, then jumps to the next song in the playlist (no sound), and so on until I stop it. The only way I have found to correct this is to reboot my phone. My problem also started when I bought my Pixel 6. Prior to that, MMA ran flawlessly.

On a separate issue, I can't get continuous playing of a playlist unless I turn off gapless play. If gapless play is on, it plays a song, goes to the next song and appears to play it, but no sound on the device or any device if I am streaming via bluetooth.