wifi sync fails; usb sync fails

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

PDoyle

wifi sync fails; usb sync fails

Post by PDoyle »

Once out of 20 times MMW5 Portable will sync some tracks to MMA; but not all playlists selected, just some playlists. When I try USB sync, MMW4 (not portable) opens instead of MMW5; but on MMW4 I have no options selected for device's profile. MMW5 selected all syncing options. I adjusted Windows Services and now mmw is not showing as a service; though it shows in Task Manager. :( thanks!
MediaMonkey 5.0.3.2627 (Portable mode)
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
PDoyle

Re: wifi sync fails; usb sync fails

Post by PDoyle »

MMW/MMA syncing has now put 1,605 GB of music files, and filled 97% of internal storage of my Samsung S21; but MMW5 has only 99GB of music files.
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5?

Do you get any errors during Sync? If so, what do they state?
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

MMW version 5.0.1.2433 (Portable mode)
gotten many different notifications, usually MMA says sync complete, some tracks failed cuz they lack license though I bought them from Walmart years ago. Then I check, and the only Playlist selected was not synced to MMA.

Another older device S9 can successfully sync with MMW5; after many syncs with MMW4 for three YEARS.
Syncing resulting in 1000GB on MMA with only 99GB on MMW, that only happened recently, maybe all today, or past week.had this problem since December.
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

MMW version 5.0.1.2433 (Portable mode)
gotten many different notifications, usually MMA says sync complete, some tracks failed cuz they lack license though I bought them from Walmart years ago. Then I check, and the only Playlist selected was not synced to MMA.

Another older device S9 can successfully sync with MMW5; after many syncs with MMW4 for three YEARS.
Syncing resulting in 1000GB on MMA with only 99GB on MMW, that only happened recently, maybe all today, or past week.had this problem since December.
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMW5 is outdated, so I suggest you start with updating to the latest version to see if it resolves the problem: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... =8811&sd=d
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

wha? MM usual notifies me of updates automatically i thought . ok will do. TY!

do you know how to keep mmw4 from usb syncing? i've already deselected S21's profile so it will sync to mmw5. Got mmw4 on C drive; mmw5 is portable on an external hdd.

my solution was to try usb syncing but it always "frozen; restart device, if that doesn't work then wifi sync". The past week, usb sync defaults to mmw4.

Maybe I should uninstall mmw4, and install regular version mmw5 on the C drive?
MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
MM user since 2009
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like Windows AutoPlay may be opening MediaMonkey 4. Type AutoPlay in Start to change this.

In the Device Profile in MediaMonkey 4 you can disable to start sync on connection.
PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

:D updated mmw5, cleared out the 1,000GB of music in mma, and was able to sync usb using pc's 3.0 port instead of going thru usb device attached to pc's port! Mission accomplished, thanks for your help! :D if i may, 2 ?s;
    any way to have all mma tracks numbered to give a cumulative total number of tracks in the mma library? thought mmw4 could do that.
      any way to upnp or sync mma with mmw5, with the mmw5 host pc shut down? thought mmw4 could do that with mmw4 Server installed.

TY!
      MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
      MM user since 2009
      Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Do you mean modify Track# on Sync?

2) MediaMonkey 5 also has the MediaMonkey Service available (Tools > Options > Media Sharing to install). However the PC can't be shut down for this to work.
      PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

Lowlander wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:36 pm 1) Do you mean modify Track# on Sync?

2) MediaMonkey 5 also has the MediaMonkey Service available (Tools > Options > Media Sharing to install). However the PC can't be shut down for this to work.
      not sure but i just realized that all tracks in a mma playlist ARE numbered by the playlist; from track 1 to track #[total number of tracks in that playlist]. So there's my answer. I'm trying to see how closely indentical the synced mma library is to the mmw5 library; i.e., did all/most of mmw5's track sync to the android? So if I put all the tracks in mmw5's library in a playlist and sync that to mma; will that give me the answer? think so.

hmm, wonder why i thought mmw4 Server could be synced with, and also accessed by upnp e.g. through MusicCast from my Yamaha AV receiver on the LAN?

thanks again!!
      MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
      MM user since 2009
      Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) I'd assume that would work for your needs.

3) Sync can only be done with storage locations: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Tracks/5.0 DLNA does not provide Sync, only streaming: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ervers/5.0
      PDoyle

Post by PDoyle »

TY so much, big help!! :D
      MMA Version 1.4.5.0960
      MM user since 2009