Does Media Monkey Have an App for the iPhone?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: Does Media Monkey Have an App for the iPhone?

Post by Peke »

DungHo wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:48 am Samsung has failed to impress me with their recent releases.
Samsung so persistently tries to behave like Apple, so I really doubt you will get better experience.
Unfortunately more and more companies (not just for phones, Tesla and John Deer do it also) use that doctrine that even you pay 2k USD for device you can't repair, maintain, rescue data, but you need to contact manufacturer that say "not fixable, tempered, out/broken of warranty you need to buy new, sorry your data is not salvageable". Read "You just lease device from us. You have no RIGHT TO REPAIR it, but pay us, so that we can charge you more."
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
dang102

Need an IOS/iPhone version!

Post by dang102 »

Need an IOS/iPhone version! !!!!!
Lowlander

Re: Need an IOS/iPhone version!

Post by Lowlander »

There is no iOS MediaMonkey App and none is planned for at the moment. There is an MediaMonkey App for Android, but not for iOS.

MediaMonkey for Windows can Sync to Apple devices.
bigleaguetom

MMS iOS App?

Post by bigleaguetom »

Hello,

Currently use MM to organize media on PC while automatically backing it up to a NAS, which is used as a library to stream music to my phone via PlexAmp. I’m planning to transition to MMS soon. While Plex and PlexAmp are great services/apps, they do not share much tagging/starring/playlist functionality with MediaMonkey, meaning that the two operate independently in these regards. As a result I cannot make any cataloging changes on the go, and must keep a log that I then carry out when I return home. Obviously this is a clunky workaround that offsets the benefits of being able to stream music, but my library is far too large to be stored locally on my phone, even at reduced bitrates.

I was doing some reading on the forum and saw that there are no plans for a MM iOS app due to Apple’s restrictive demands with regard to local storage access. I was curious if y’all had reconsidered this with the growing popularity of MMS. To me, MM’s greatest strength is the control it gives users over how they organize and catalog their libraries. It would be very helpful to have an app on the phone that allows users to playback from their NAS and also catalog, edit metadata, rate tracks, make/maintain playlists, etc in a way that is seamlessly reflected in the library.

-Tom
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The answer remains that there are no plans for this.
Peke

Post by Peke »

bigleaguetom wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:52 pm It would be very helpful to have an app on the phone that allows users to playback from their NAS and also catalog, edit metadata, rate tracks, make/maintain playlists, etc in a way that is seamlessly reflected in the library.
Hi,
It looks like you are looking for something like MonkeyMote that will remotely control MM to browse your library.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
bigleaguetom

Post by bigleaguetom »

[/quote]Hi,
It looks like you are looking for something like MonkeyMote that will remotely control MM to browse your library.
[/quote]

Hey Peke,

Thanks for the reply. Not quite. I am basically looking for PlexAmp but for MMS. I would like to be able to stream my music to my phone from my server, and then also edit and make changes to the metadata of those files from my iphone and have those changes reflected on the server end.

Example: I am running MMS on a Synology, I am streaming an album to my phone while I am on the bus. I notice a typo in a track name and am able to rename the track on my phone, correcting the issue immediately rather than having to remember to do so when I get home. Same with star ratings, playlist making, album art, etc.

Hope this helps clear up the intentions of my original post.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is not possible at this time. MediaMonkey on Android can't do this at the moment. For iOS there is no MediaMonkey and there are no plans for this.