Found a bug in 5.0.3.2627

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

joed49

Found a bug in 5.0.3.2627

Post by joed49 »

I don't know how long this problem has existed but ever since I've had MM I've noticed at times that ripping a CD doesn't always work. Took a while to figure out what was going on because it appeared to rip fine but later when I tried to play that imported music it would tell me it can't be found.

What is happening is when it creates a directory on the drive to store the music it sometimes creates an invalid directory. The last one I found was when I ripped Genesis "Turn It On Again", MM tries to create a directory with the character ":" in the name which is a "NO NO" with Windows. It acts like all is fine but the directory turns up missing when attempting to play those entries later on.

This drove me nuts for the last year. I thought something was deleting directories but I couldn't figure out what it was. But I can tell you MM will try to create an invalid directory when ripping.
Lowlander

Re: Found a bug in 5.0.3.2627

Post by Lowlander »

Just tested to make sure on the latest 5.0.4 alpha release and it works as expected " is turned into '. Did you maybe modify the ini at some point?

Especially:

Code: Select all

[FilenameMappings]
3A=2D
2A=2D
3F=
3E=2D
3C=2D
22=27
7C=2D
2F=2D
5C=2D
0D0A=
19=
joed49

Post by joed49 »

I'll have to look at that but I don't remember changing ini settings. It was the : character that was illegal.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

joed49 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:06 pm I'll have to look at that but I don't remember changing ini settings. It was the : character that was illegal.
They had the same bug with the New Folder facility, which allows creation of new folders. It silently failed if the folder name contained invalid characters.

That bug was fixed recently (a month or two ago?).
So maybe the ripping bug that you saw got fixed at the same time?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.