Selecting files doesn't respect Shift + Ctrl and often prevents selection in general.

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

boober

Selecting files doesn't respect Shift + Ctrl and often prevents selection in general.

Post by boober »

When I select a group of files, I tend to pick one, then Shift + select for the group (like an album). Sometimes using Shift + click-select will work, but sometimes it doesn't. Often, I then won't be able to select more than one track until I click several times — usually right-clicking or hitting Esc helps "retrain" the selection interface.

I'm also having trouble selecting different groups of files, like different albums, that aren't listed sequentially in the interface. The Shift + click-selection will work, but if I try to then select a different file using Ctrl (click track 1 of a second, non-sequentially listed album) and then Ctrl + Shift to select the second group of files, MM doesn't respect the Ctrl and instead selects all the files between the two groups.

Is anyone else getting this behavior? Is this a known thing?

I'm on MMW5 5.0.3.26.27 Windows 10.
Lowlander

Re: Selecting files doesn't respect Shift + Ctrl and often prevents selection in general.

Post by Lowlander »

Which View(s) is this happening in?
boober

Re: Selecting files doesn't respect Shift + Ctrl and often prevents selection in general.

Post by boober »

It occurs in List view, which is really the only view I use.

ETA: Selection generally comes back consistently after using the Esc key, but not always. I'm trying different sequences (top to bottom, arrow keys vs. mouse, etc.), but it seems to affect the interface across the board.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Well, thank you very much indeed!!! :)

I just tried this in Windows Explorer, and it does work there, which I never knew before, and which I will find very useful.

And so far, with just a few tries it works just fine in MM5.0.4.2657 latest, in "list by album" view for entire or partial albums, or individual groups of tracks.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643
Preferably you keep DebugView running until MediaMonkey gets into this state.

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.