Batch fetch Lyrics

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

onlinedynamic

Batch fetch Lyrics

Post by onlinedynamic »

The 'update tags' option for lyrics in the Background metadata lookup is good but at the moment up have to select each file for it to work. I have 9000+ songs without lyrics and I would like to set MM running across themyou and let them auto update the lyrics metadata.

Would also be good to be able to display lyrics on top of visualisations when playing tracks
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Batch fetch Lyrics

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

An approach you might want to consider.

Create a couple of Collections for "No Lyrics" e.g.
1). No Lyrics AND Not Played Recently (with my setup, MMW searches for Lyrics when playing so I focus on the "Not Played")
2). No Lyrics AND Played Recently (can be useful to see if a problem with - for example - album name etc. )

Using the "Criteria" in these Collection e.g.
a). Type = Music
b). LastPlayed > 90 days
c). Bit Rate > 160
d). Track Length between 45,600
e). Artist / Album Artist doesn't equal Various

Select the Collection in the Tree Node then select all files (or a few hundred at a time).

Right click to select the Lyricator add-on option with All Configured sources / sited. Normally takes a second or two to complete the search for each track. If Lyrics are found then the counter (top right) gets updated.

The add-on page seems to be down at the moment so I can't reference the Lyricator Add-On.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I manually add "Instrumental" for albums / tracks that obviously have no lyrics! This then removes them from the above collections.
Ian Taylor
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

Thanks for the suggestions, IanRTaylorUK !
(I went the same way regarding a playlist 'unknown lyrics', and 'instrumental' as a tag to keep instrus out of the list)

Lyricator isn't however available for MM5 (which is my MM) - so anybody with a suggestion for batch lyrics updates is most welcome ! 8)

Thanks ! :)
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

This is a wish of many MM users here, obviously because of such available add-ons in MM4.

The MM developers, however, fear that those website providers will block access for MM if their services are hit by too many users simultaneously.

Personally, I don't think so, because each MM user uses an individual IP-address and I doubt that the lyrics service providers can identify MM as the source for bulk accesses.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Zonky wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:07 am Personally, I don't think so, because each MM user uses an individual IP-address and I doubt that the lyrics service providers can identify MM as the source for bulk accesses.
I have 200k tracks which around 10k only have lyrics so Batch would strain my bandwidth as much as sites for search especially as I have fairly high end main setup that can query a lots of tracks at same time. Add that to 100+ users and you get thousends of queries to free sites and no revenue for them.

Also it happened in the past number of times so even we patch it it is just point in time we need to do it again. Which means few less actual MM bug fixes for next build.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Utestit

Post by Utestit »

Peke wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:25 pm
Zonky wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:07 am Personally, I don't think so, because each MM user uses an individual IP-address and I doubt that the lyrics service providers can identify MM as the source for bulk accesses.
Also it happened in the past number of times so even we patch it it is just point in time we need to do it again.
Thanks to both, Zonky, Peke for your inputs.
Maybe some solution with a ceiling of updates (10 per day ? hour ?) would solve the issue of the "casual user", but still avoid perturbations for the lyrics service providers.
Just my 50-cents...

Have a great summer ! 8)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Utestit wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:06 am Maybe some solution with a ceiling of updates (10 per day ? hour ?) would solve the issue of the "casual user", but still avoid perturbations for the lyrics service providers.
Just my 50-cents...
I am guessing that would trigger more grief. eg. "Why I am limited to 10 searches, I paid for the app!!!" :(

NOTE that Auto Tag searches are limited to 100 per Batch, but you can add lyrics search under Tools -> Options -> library -> Metadata lookup -> Metadata: -> AUDIO -> SELECT and then Lyrics will be searched alongside other Correct Tags.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts