List (by Album) and Grid (by Album) views

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Erwin Hanzl

List (by Album) and Grid (by Album) views

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello folks,
I am using MM5.0.4.2659 Beta.

List (by Album) and Grid (by Album) views:

ONLY the albums from the collection should be shown here.
But "Unknown Albums" are also displayed and thus the entire collection again,
which of course leads to performance losses in large collections.
The "Unknown Album" are recognizable in the node "Files to edit"
It's just a suggestion.

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Lowlander

Re: List (by Album) and Grid (by Album) views

Post by Lowlander »

I'd expect this to be shown. If you want to Filter what's displayed you can use Filters or create Criteria in the Collection to filter out certain files.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:50 am I'd expect this to be shown. If you want to Filter what's displayed you can use Filters or create Criteria in the Collection to filter out certain files.
Why would you expect non-albums to display in the Album sub-node?

Using the same logic, by extension, that would mean you would expect that tracks without Composers to be clumped together in the Composer node ... or tracks without a Genre doing the same thing in the Genre node.

Neither of these things happen. Those other sub-nodes manage to filter out irrelevant items.
Why are you expecting something different from the Album sub-node?

Erwin spoke of both the List By Album and the Grid Views.

The current behaviour seems (to me) to be (sort of) OK for the List By Album sub- node, because that makes that View consistent across all the sub-nodes ... eg. in the Composer node, it is OK that the List By Album View shows all tracks with a Composer tag, regardless of whether that have an Album tag.

But It "expect" the Grid View should also be consistent ... ie. should filter out items that do not have tags that are grouped together by the the sub-node.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Thanks, Lowlander: Filter "Album is known" is the solution - BUT:
this applies to all views AND all Nodes
That means THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION.
Sorry, but your suggestion "create Criteria in the Collection to filter out certain files" is a bad joke.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Ich finde, die Zuweisung von Ansichten habt Ihr gründlich verhaut - wie schon in MM4, wo man die Ansichten zu bestimmten Knoten händisch wählen mußte.

Die Lösung wäre doch gewesen, jedem Knoten eine Ansicht zuzuweisen (mit/ohne Filter, mit/ohne Kriterien, ebenso die Reihenfolge und Sortierung der Spaltenüberschriften).
Ebenso eine Zuweisung von verschiedenen Ansichten innerhalb des Knotens Playlists (Autoplaylist, Statische Playlists, mit/ohne Filter, mit/ohne Kriterien, ebenso die Reihenfolge und Sortierung der Spaltenüberschriftung).

Google-Übersetzung:
I think you screwed up the assignment of views thoroughly - like in MM4, where you had to choose the views for certain nodes manually.

The solution would have been to assign a view to each node (with/without filter, with/without criteria, likewise the order and sorting of the columns).
Also an assignment of different views within the playlists node (autoplaylist, static playlists, with/without filter, with/without criteria, likewise the order and sorting of the columns.)