Loss of windows sound control

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dang102

Post by dang102 »

2233 if taking control of where it wants to send the sound. Windows tray icon saying Bluetooth headphones but playing on hdmi monitor and cant change it back with out loading medimonkey 5 seem to do this if u change to next song manually but not sure as it Romes around but like the hdmi !
dang102

Post by dang102 »

Seem like it fix it self after reinstalling backward to 2230 2229 and a bad crash then reloaded 2233 seem like it lost the config reset it all sound quality seem better as well ! Was very strange as I never had it crash like that !
dang102

Post by dang102 »

Seems like 2233 is doing something strange to the sound controls. It will change devices and turn off/on mic for a great feed back!! Cant control any sound controls unless u exit MM and reload and don't touch anything as changing track will change devices this is very strange to pin down!
Ludek

Re: Loss of windows sound control

Post by Ludek »

I don't see issues like this and I also don't see any change in recent build(s) that could have an impact on sound control.

1) Could you try to temporarily remove MediaMonkeyMT.dll from the MediaMonkey install folder whether it has an impact on the issues?
2) Which plugin are you using in Tools > Options > Player > Output Plug-ins ? Is it WASAPI or DirectSound ? Maybe disabling exclusive mode in WASAPI would help ? Just a tip. Exclusive mode is disabled by default, but maybe you accidentaly enabled it in the past?
dang102

Post by dang102 »

ok what are the best setting for mm5 to play on a multi monitor multi sound card device. I recently found the selection for what device to sent things to that helps! It could be easier to find! My latest bug is the screen multimonitor and resolutions screw thing up bad if i put mm5 on the one of the top monitor a little slice on the screen bleed over to the bottom monitor!!! Moving to other monitors will screw up the font and hard to use ... I can now screech the screen across two top monitors and that let me see all columns. This bleeds over to the bottom screen making it useless! Why does the columns have to be locked I see no reason for locking them! This bleeding came recently Wow this is the best music program every made I just hope we can tweak it some ??? Could u add a mixer type page to mm5 and move all the controlling things to one page??? I'm doing podcast's and many other things that could use some tweaking... My brother just died I've. been out of it for some time well I hope to make some money on all this but need some stuff fix or changed hoping we can work on this! Moving for one screen to an other will sometime screw up the font size many little things in the beta need tweeted! I Hope I don't piss anyone off just trying to make mm5 work for me.. some of the bug started with mm5 I just was busy with my dyeing brother sorry! I hope to hear from you to how I can help to make things better!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
dang102

Post by dang102 »

Lowlander wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:56 pm Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
Sorry for the badly formatted posts was a little out of it as my brother was passing! Most of this is fixed now I try to always use the newest mm5 it would be rare for me to use anything but the newest alpha beta etc... Dam there's so much I want mm5 to do and trying so many things it's hard to keep up. Would love to be able to change freq like 440 to 432 528... Would also love to control the screens more like stretching mm5 across multi monitors! Sorry about not getting back to you I've been having a very hard time since my brother passed! If I get my act together going to use this to make some money I won't forget you guys if I ever get off the ground!