MM5 crashing

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

shani

MM5 crashing

Post by shani »

Always crashing until now 12:00 from the morning at least five times.
I am using the latest version on windows 11.

The error i am getting is 79007100 . Can anyone assist?
dtsig

Re: MM5 crashing

Post by dtsig »

unless someone comes with better info ... look at my signature and click on the 'reporting bugs' link. Follow that and create a debug log. open a ticket and sent the log. note the ticket number here. Something different with your installation ..
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using?

In these cases it's best to capture the problem in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this occurs in your setup.
shani

Post by shani »

Like I said I am using the current and latest version on MM5
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is that Build 2532 or 2609?

Anyway please capture the debug log (step 4b) and attach it to a Support Ticket.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

shani wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:44 am The error i am getting is 79007100 . Can anyone assist?
Searching for crash report id 79007100 here, but don't see any, did you submit it?
If it failed to submit then you should be able to find on your PC as MediaMonkeyEngine.el file, see item 4A for details here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643
jlciv69

Post by jlciv69 »

MM5, Windows 11, crashing more frequently. Locks screen up completely, and when computer recovers, MM5 does not. I'm not at all technical, so please explain any needed steps, thank you.

Longtime user, NEVER any thing like this!
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

jlciv69 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:53 pm MM5, Windows 11, crashing more frequently. Locks screen up completely, and when computer recovers, MM5 does not. I'm not at all technical, so please explain any needed steps, thank you.

Longtime user, NEVER any thing like this!
You should start by focusing on just this section from the link posted by Ludek
a) For crashes and error conditions MediaMonkey will (usually) generate a debug error report with a log ID and prompt you to send it.
- Please mention the log ID in your bug report in the forum so that we can match the log submission to the problem.
- In case MediaMonkey crashes before sending the error report, you can find the error report as 'MediaMonkey.el' / 'MediaMonkeyEngine.el' located in the same folder as MediaMonkey.exe or as subfolders of "%appdata%\EurekaLab s.a.s\EurekaLog\Bug Reports\" or at "%appdata%\EurekaLog\MediaMonkey"
HINT: Copy/Paste above path to address bar of Windows File Explorer window as folder is hidden
ie:
  • open Windows Explorer, and paste the following into the address bar ... just the single line starting in the bottom row
  • Code: Select all

%appdata%\EurekaLab s.a.s\EurekaLog\Bug Reports\
  • that should show you a couple of directories
  • if any of them has a recent file named 'MediaMonkeyEngine.el' , that is what the need to diagnose your problem ... if there is no file there, look in the other places mention in the above fragment
  • send the file to them via a Support Ticket
  • in MM5 go to Help>Technical Support ... and create the Ticket there
  • or if MM5 is not starting for you, go here to create the Support Ticket
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
blauewelt

Post by blauewelt »

I'm seeing a lot of crashes of the form:

Application throw an exception "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'recordings')."

See screenshot here: (tool doesnt allow me to insert a URL to the screenshot)

This happens while auto-tagging my library. Btw, I wish there was a mode to auto-tag the whole library (I'm now going through 30K tracks by hand, auto-tagging them in batches of 100s).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For screenshot instructions please see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97733