New device not showing up

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

gordol

New device not showing up

Post by gordol »

I just upgraded from an Android to a new Android.
The new device is not showing up in MMW5 on my Windows 10 desktop. MMA is installed, of course Android 12. Both are the current versions.

I did the initial sync via WiFi, using the Media Monkey Server option, and it mostly worked; there were errors. Some files failed to transfer, no reason give, and others failed "to convert" though no conversion should have been necessary.

After several hours (19k+ library) I checked MMW and the new device is not showing in the device node of the tree. I plugged it in via cable, no change. Restarted both MMA and MMW, no change. It shows the old device only. Two entries for it, actually (always did), one for the SD card and one for the internal. New device has no SD card option.

It does show in Windows Explorer when plugged in.

I had to delete both versions of the old phone and restart MMW to get the new one to show up. This doesn't seem right.
Barry4679

Re: New device not showing up

Post by Barry4679 »

Just out of curiosity, is your new phone the same make, model, and memory capacity as your old phone?
Did you transfer your previous SIM card into the new phone?

I looked at my Devices table within the MM5 database.
I can't see from there how they disambiguate Phones. Maybe they leave that to Windows?
It looks a bit of a mess in there TBH, but some of that may have happened while I was doing early beta testing of MM5.

I see all my old phones in there, but I can see multiple entries for some of my phones, including some with duplicated DeviceIDs, which doesn't seem right.

I think that I have changed phones since I switched to MM5, so I think that it was working OK then.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
gordol

Re: New device not showing up

Post by gordol »

Barry4679 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:02 am Just out of curiosity, is your new phone the same make, model, and memory capacity as your old phone?
No. S20+ with 128G internal and 256 card, MM library on the card, to S22U with 512G internal, no card slot.
Did you transfer your previous SIM card into the new phone?
Yes.