[REQ] Start Time / Stop Time and Syncing

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ve4grm

[REQ] Start Time / Stop Time and Syncing

Post by ve4grm »

So I understand from reading other posts that start time/stop time for songs is only used by MM for Windows, but is it possible (and I'm just missing it) to have MM5 cut a song in the appropriate spots when syncing to a device? Similar to what happens when it converts formats for players that don't support a given format?

So like if I have the first 5 seconds skipped in the "Start Time" entry, it will cut the file and sync a file that's 5 seconds shorter instead?

Or do I need to cut up the files myself, manually?
Lowlander

Re: Start Time / Stop Time and Syncing

Post by Lowlander »

No, MediaMonkey can't modify files like that.
ve4grm

Re: Start Time / Stop Time and Syncing

Post by ve4grm »

Damn. Well, thanks.
Time to put it in a feature suggestion, I guess.
ve4grm

Trim files for syncing

Post by ve4grm »

Mediamonkey lets you add a Start Time and Stop Time for tracks, allowing us to cut out long intros, outros, etc. This is great!

Unfortunately, it is not recognized by other devices.

I would love an option (global setting, or just a checkbox under each device's Sync profile) similar to the format conversion setting (where MediaMonkey will convert a file to an appropriate format if the original format isn't supported by the destination device) that would tell MediaMonkey to trim files according to their start/stop time when syncing to a particular device.

I get that this wouldn't be as simple as just dropping a checkbox into the menu, but I'd appreciate the consideration!

Thanks.
Ludek

Re: [REQ] Start Time / Stop Time and Syncing

Post by Ludek »

Hi, startTime/stopTime values are synced to Apple devices (iPod,iPhone) and Android devices but then it depends on particular player to use the values. Which device and device player youbare using?
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Ludek wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:58 am Which device and device player youbare using?
Not the OP, but tested ist on MMA, latest build .0960, on Android 10. Doesn't seem to skip anything, songs were full played.

Same songs in MMW are fine.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Bigginge

Post by Bigginge »

I too would really like MMA to support start and stop times. I use these to eliminate chat between tracks on live albums. Also in a few cases to split tracks that are ripped as a single track but actually contain 2-3 songs, usually separated by silence.

Is this feature in plan?

Thanks, Mike