Sudden Surge in Track Volume

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

svburke

Sudden Surge in Track Volume

Post by svburke »

I am using v5.0.3.2627 on Windows 10.

Playback is with the WASAPI output configured to exclusive mode, using the AudioQuest DragonFly Cobalt (USB DAC) connected to headphones.

As indicated in the topic, when playback moves from one track to the next the volume jumps from 6/100 to 100/100 (or thereabouts). I have unchecked volume leveling. (These tracks are not analyzed for volume regardless.) Not sure what else to try. Needless to say this is a problem.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
svburke

Re: Sudden Surge in Track Volume

Post by svburke »

The same phenomenon occurs if I select a track from the list.

A question that just occurred to me: Is this because in exclusive mode the volume setting in the application will override the system volume setting? I had the volume setting in the app at the max, and the system at 6/100, and what has been happening is that in the transition from one track to another, or at the start of a track, the system volume jumps to 100/100.

If this is the case -- and it'd be a decent explanation -- is there a way to increase the size of the volume bar in the player so that it can be more easily manipulated?

Many thanks
Ludek

Re: Sudden Surge in Track Volume

Post by Ludek »

Are you saying the volume bar on the MM5 player changes by itself?

Are you playing to Internal player or casting to a receiver (Google Cast / DLNA) ?