Unexpected tracks renaming

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Ian Werich

Unexpected tracks renaming

Post by Ian Werich »

Hi all,

I'm often struggling with this problem: when I try to play a track, MM shows a dialogue box warning that "...file is not accessible" recommending to reconnect the pc (?) or to load the original file.
The original file has never moved from the original path, for example "C:\Users\682291\Music\Romeo Gavioli Y Freddy\Non specificato\00 - Angel Sica - Rebeldia (asic 1).mp3"
Though MM shows the following path in the Base tab of the property: "C:\Users\682291\Music\Romeo Gavioli Y Freddy\Non specificato\00 - Angel Sica - Rebeldia (asic 1) (2).mp3".
Maybe I could set some options in the Tools bar to avoid these undesirable changes, but I don't what to do.

Thank you
Ian
Lowlander

Re: Unexpected tracks renaming

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using and do you have Auto-Organize enabled?

You should be able to find these files under Music > Files to Edit > Dead Links in the Media Tree and use File > Locate Moved/Missing Files on these dead links to fix the problem.
Ian Werich

Re: Unexpected tracks renaming

Post by Ian Werich »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:40 pm Which Build (Help > About) are you using and do you have Auto-Organize enabled?

You should be able to find these files under Music > Files to Edit > Dead Links in the Media Tree and use File > Locate Moved/Missing Files on these dead links to fix the problem.
The build I use is 4.1.31.1919 and I'm currently applying your suggestion to my MM Library (more than 49.000 items) and I'm waiting to see the result.
Thank you in advance!
Ian