MM doesn't recognize my walkman

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

JimAS

MM doesn't recognize my walkman

Post by JimAS »

I can see the drive and when I click on device it show the drive and "disconnected". I can access the walkman from my computer but can't seem to introduce MM to the walkman. Any suggestions? I've been trying the Syncing file to portable devices all day to no effect
JimAS

Getting MM to find my walkman

Post by JimAS »

I can see the drive and when I click on device it show the drive and "disconnected". I can access the walkman from my computer but can't seem to introduce MM to the walkman. Any suggestions? I've been trying the Syncing file to portable devices all day to no effect
Lowlander

Re: Getting MM to find my walkman

Post by Lowlander »

I assume you're talking about MediaMonkey for Windows (MMW) seeing your device, not MediaMonkey for Android (MMA)? If so, which version (Help > About) of MediaMonkey?
JimAS

Re: Getting MM to find my walkman

Post by JimAS »

It is media Monkey versions 5. And yes it is on a windows computer
Lowlander

Re: MM doesn't recognize my walkman

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to check what connection type the Walkman uses via USB. It should be MTP. Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5 are you using?
JimAS

Post by JimAS »

You lost me. I can't seem to find anyway on the walkman to determine any thing about connections.

When I am on Media Monkey it show the walkman as a device but it show that it is disconnected.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey will show any device it has connected to in the past.

Can you capture the connecting of the Walkman to the PC with MediaMonkey running in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643