Scan - Add Location Not Working

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

dalezjc

Scan - Add Location Not Working

Post by dalezjc »

Under the Add/Rescan files to the Library menu, when I click the ADD LOCATION button, nothing happens. I've read the Wiki page at https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ibrary/5.0, but nothing there explains the problem I'm having.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dale
Lowlander

Re: Scan - Add Location Not Working

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using and which version of Windows? Does the problem persist after a PC restart?

Clicking Add location should show you a Context Menu with different location options. Anything particular about your setup (DPI/Text size setting in Windows, multiple monitors, etc.) and do other Context Menus, like right click on a file work?
dalezjc

Post by dalezjc »

I'm using version 5.0.4.2690, and I did reboot my computer to see if this was the problem, but still doesn't work. Note that I'm using Add Location from the File Menu -> Add/Rescan files to the Library option. Should I be using it from somewhere else?

Dale
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I assume you've tried several attempts and waited a while as well after clicking Add Location?

You can use the alternate method of selecting the location in the Folders node and then right click > Add/Rescan Files as a workaround for now.

Can you close MediaMonkey, rename persistent.json to persitent.json.off and then start MediaMonkey and try again? Does that allow you to use Add Location?
dalezjc

Post by dalezjc »

I looked for persistent.json in the following path (recursively) C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey 5\, but didn't find it. At least Windows search didn't find it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Put this in the File Explorer location bar: %APPDATA%\MediaMonkey5\

Did you maybe do a Portable Install or install in a different location. Search in File Explorer may require to include hidden files to find this file.
dalezjc

Post by dalezjc »

Renaming the file did the trick! I can now add locations for scanning.

Thanks,
Dale
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Could you please attach the old persistent.json to a Support Ticket and reference this forum thread?
dalezjc

Post by dalezjc »

Will do!