Casting a CD plays cached version of previous CD [#19593]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Rob_S

Casting a CD plays cached version of previous CD [#19593]

Post by Rob_S »

OK, so I was trying to play some CD's this morning, to see if any good stuff left on there to rip

I stuck in one cd which contained 5 tracks, and played all or a portion of each track, and then popped the CD out and stuck in another one with 12 tracks.

No matter which of the first 5 tracks I played on the new CD, the speakers would output the track from the first CD. If I played one of the subsequent tracks, it would output those correctly.

Repeated removal of CD, re-insertion, and even several shutdowns of MM5 2690, and still the cached tracks would play in lieu of those on the current CD. I tried playing a couple of tracks from my harddrive in between, no change.

I looked around my appdata folder and my temp folder for any files which could be the cause of this misfortune, and eventually found "AppData\Local\Temp\Transcoded_Media_Files" which contained 5 files named something like "7AH71M2KFZ91AFA.MP3"

I deleted these files, and now the correct tracks from the new CD were able to play. Similar files were re-created for each

So, is this a bug?? Should these not be recreated upon insertion of a new CD? Is there some way from within MM5 to clear these cached files?
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Re: CD Player tracks cached??

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce. Files play from the inserted CD instead of a previous CD played before.

Note that the Playing showed the previous CD files if they weren't removed and they'll play from the current CD, but show the wrong metadata.

Can you please capture what you experience in the a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I have now confirmed that this only happens for me when I am playing to my ChromeCast speakers.

The temporary *.mp3 files in the "AppData\Local\Temp\Transcoded_Media_Files" are not created when I play to my internal speakers and thus inserting a new Audio CD plays properly

When I play to the Chromecast spear, those temp files are created, and it apparently plays from those same files until they are erased. Inserting a different CD does not clear nor replace these files.

I have not yet logged this process, but if you are still unable to reproduce, I will reinstall the debug version and do that.

If confirmed, this thread should probably be moved to beta testing??
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Can anyone who uses chromecast confirm this mis-behavior?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No Drive to test with ATM and my 8k of CDs are in basement unreachable till spring :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »