Some songs crashes / Metadata doesn't display via third-party launcher [#19871]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

warsan

Some songs crashes / Metadata doesn't display via third-party launcher [#19871]

Post by warsan »

For some songs, the Oneplus Launcher constantly crashes during playback. The phone is not usable while the file is playing.

Other players do not have this problem.

Log: 23WQSK3XI
Version: 1.4.1
Android: 11
warsan

Re: [Bug] Some songs crashes the oneplus launcher

Post by warsan »

Is there any information that is still needed?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply--we've been focused on MMA 2 testing / fixes.

Would you mind trying out the MMA 2 beta and letting us know if the issue persists?

Thanks!

-Rusty
warsan

Post by warsan »

I will try. Thank you.
stonefree

Post by stonefree »

Hi Rusty,

I'm on a OnePlus too, I had a small spate of these in a row. For me it most often happened when I used the task switcher of Android to swap back to Media Monkey.

Since that small spate of crashes it hasn't done it since.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the update.

If anyone notices any such crashes on 2.0.0.1059+ please share a debug log and we'll fix it right away. We're closing in on the release and want to solve all such issues beforehand.

Thanks!

-Rusty
warsan

Re: Some songs crashes the oneplus launcher

Post by warsan »

The song no longer crashes my smartphone. However, I can no longer select a playback position.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

When you say that you can't select a playback position, can you elaborate? i.e.
- Are you saying that the seek bar doesn't work at all? What happens when you move it (does playback stop? does playback just not adjust)?
- Does this always occur for all track formats or only sometimes and with a specific format?
- Does it occur only when playing over bluetooth/casting OR does it even occur when playing directly via the speaker?

Since we can't replicate the problem, can you replicate the bug, and then submit a debug log (from the menu, click Help > Send logs) and share the log ID here?

Thanks!

-Rusty
warsan

Post by warsan »

- Are you saying that the seek bar doesn't work at all? What happens when you move it (does playback stop? does playback just not adjust)?

This happens with all my m4a files when I open them directly from a file manager. Then no total time is displayed. If I tap on the progress bar, then the song starts again from the beginning.

- Does this always occur for all track formats or only sometimes and with a specific format?

Have only m4a aac.

- Does it occur only when playing over bluetooth/casting OR does it even occur when playing directly via the speaker?

Both.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks! Can you:

1) Can you share a debug log with us since we can't replicate the problem on our devices? Run MM, replicate the bug, and then submit a debug log (from the menu, click Help > Send logs) and share the log ID here?

2) Try syncing an MP3 file to the device and see if the issue occurs (that'll tell us if it's a codec problem) ? Note: you can use auto-conversion to convert files to MP3. Assuming the issue doesn't occur with MP3 files, can you share one of your M4A files with us (e.g. via our helpdesk)--we can check if there's something about how they're formatted that might be causing a problem.

Thanks!

-Rusty
warsan

Post by warsan »

The same problem with mp3. The app can not read the metadata when the audio files are opened directly. When they are played through a playlist it works as expected.

Log ID: KQLBBA2Q2L
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

Ahh...thanks. I understand now and can replicate.

Tracking at: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19871

-Rusty
warsan

Re: Some songs crashes / Metadata doesn't display via third-party launcher [#19871]

Post by warsan »

Thanks to you as well ;)
rusty

Re: Some songs crashes / Metadata doesn't display via third-party launcher [#19871]

Post by rusty »

fyi, this is mostly fixed in build 1073. Remaining issues are described in the bug.

-Rusty