Using MediaMonkey to search YouTube, Soundcloud etc.

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

I'd like to be able to search online sources for tracks

You may select 1 option

View results

digdug214

Using MediaMonkey to search YouTube, Soundcloud etc.

Post by digdug214 »

Does anybody else out there think there should be a way of searching music streaming websites (YouTube, Soundcloud etc.) for tracks through MediaMonkey. There are several websites that do this already, but wouldn't it be great to do this through MediaMonkey. You could create entire playlists using url information, or you could download other people's playlists without having the tracks on your computer. I understand that MediaMonkey is about maintaining a library, but this feature would be great for those one offs you don't want to download or at parties. Seeing as media is going all cloud based/streaming and social, it would be cool for Media Monkey to be one of the first to do this. Is there a need for this? Is this possible?
botijo

Re: Using MediaMonkey to search YouTube, Soundcloud etc.

Post by botijo »

This is my humble opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. I prefer software to do its job good and nothing else. I do not like how sometimes some software I have seen have been trying to do more than what it is expected to do. It just alienates the user base. For example, Winamp 2.x was a fairly good MP3 player when computers were not too fast. However, the owners of Winamp added a lot of library functions that were alien to its users, confusing all users. It did also not work as efficiently as before, and people just moved away.
Apart from that, I find that Youtube audio is just too low quality for my ears.
So I voted for a no.
Ekhi

Post by Ekhi »

MediaMonkey is not the first to do this. Check out Tomahawk.

Allowing users to search and resolve music from cloud services would be a boon. And such services like Soundcloud can and do offer exceptional quality sound (320kbps .mp3 or even .wav), it all depends on the level of quality contributed by the artist.

Such an ugprade to this software, if done correctly, can add infinite value. As it stands, adding Soundcloud as a Web service is not enough especially considering the built-in browser is falling far behind the curve of most modern browsers like Chrome, IE 9, and Firefox.

Vote yes, and while you're at it download Tomahawk and see what MediaMonkey could be doing.
adamcloud

Post by adamcloud »

I'm having this problem and can't use soundcloud, soundcloud download music soundcloudmp3downloader. com/en/
Last edited by adamcloud on Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Ekhi wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:36 am built-in browser is falling far behind the curve of most modern browsers like Chrome, IE 9, and Firefox.
MM5 browser (current version) Uses Chromium 98 Rendering engine.
Ekhi wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:36 am Vote yes, and while you're at it download Tomahawk and see what MediaMonkey could be doing.
You are talking about this abandoned app https://github.com/tomahawk-player/tomahawk or different one?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts