MMA2: Home Screen Settings

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Snofru

MMA2: Home Screen Settings

Post by Snofru »

I really like the improved home screen. Just like the general look of MMA2 and its improved response time.
But if the current settings for the home screen are as intended at least they are confusing :D ...

There are the folders "Music", "Classical Music", "Podcasts", "Audiobooks" and "Video". All of those appear as a button on the home screen except "Music". Why is that (I know that I can access "Music" by swiping from the left)?

I don't need the "Podcasts" folder and the only way to delete it is to delete all of its subfolders. It was already discussed somewhere else that it would be quite an effort to change this, so ok, it is not a big thing. But how can I get the button back? When I turn on all of the subfolders "Podcasts" is not coming back again unless I do a full home screen reset. Maybe the reason is that my "Podcasts" folder is empty?

The default setting for "Video" is that the node "Videos" (with an "s") is a top level navigation node. But on the home screen I see "Video" (without "s"). But I don't understand what the difference between those is anyway :wink: ...
The same with Classical Music: "Composers" is a top level node but does not appear on my home screen (maybe because it is empty, too?).

Just in general "Music" seems to behave differently than the other folders but this is not apparent from the settings.
MMW Version 5.1.0.2827 Portable
Samsung Galaxy S23+, S9 and Sony NW-A105 with MMA Beta 2.0.0.1156
Peke

Re: MMA2: Home Screen Settings

Post by Peke »

Hi,
To show Only Music/Podcast/Video/... Only one needs to be selected as viewed on (orange) and ll others that are enabled (white) will be shown as tabs. If you Select to Show on screen multiple Metadata then Each will be shown on Home as a quick link to that tab.

You can D&D order of home icons in Customize.

HINT: Only downside is that you need to disable all in order to make icon disappear.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) If more then 1 item is enabled to be shown it will show each individual item name, if only 1 item is shown it will show the Collections name. So Music isn't show, because it has more than 1 item selected.

2) Videos is an item of the Video Collection. Sidebar shows Collection values, whereas the homescreen shows item values (if more than 1 item is selected for the Collection.

3) Empty items/collections show on the home screen and sidebar for me.
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

Ah, ok, I got it, thanks to both of you! I can confirm that everything works but I have to admit that even after having played with the settings for nearly an hour I couldn't break the Gordian knot :oops: . Not too intuitive, I'd say...
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the feedback. I think that a small tweak to the graphics might help with this to a degree:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19686

-Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

FYI, we've implemented the small changes described in bug 19686 in beta build 1063 which should be available shortly.

It's not everything that was asked for, but I think it's a step in the right direction.

Thanks!

-Rusty
Snofru

Post by Snofru »

Thank you, it is clearer in the current version!