Convert AlbumArt from png to jpeg

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Doobie Lit

Convert AlbumArt from png to jpeg

Post by Doobie Lit »

I ran into a problem with AlbumArt being viewed in Centova Cast. I have the Albumart stored in the ID3v1 and ID3v2.3 tag as png, and Centova cast uses ID3v1 tags with jpeg AlbumArt. Is there a way to convert these ID3 tags to use jpeg?
Lowlander

Re: Convert AlbumArt from png to jpeg

Post by Lowlander »

Not with MediaMonkey. I don't know if there is any other software that can convert Artwork within ID3 tags.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

It appears that MP3Tag can do this
Contents → Actions → Adjust CoverAdjust Cover
The Adjust Cover action allows for resizing and/or changing the image format of embedded cover art.

You can choose between Original, JPEG, and PNG image formats where Original just keeps the image format of the embedded cover.

Quality specifies the target quality of the image.

Max. Size is the maximum width and height in pixels of the embedded cover image. If the cover is smaller than the size provided, the size of the cover is not changed. Resizing the image keeps the aspect ratio.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Doobie Lit wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:53 am I ran into a problem with AlbumArt being viewed in Centova Cast. I have the Albumart stored in the ID3v1 and ID3v2.3 tag as png, and Centova cast uses ID3v1 tags with jpeg AlbumArt. Is there a way to convert these ID3 tags to use jpeg?
As mentioned not in MMW but get Ifranview ... it is a free graphic tool and works wonders ... though manually
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Doobie Lit

Post by Doobie Lit »

Thanks, I really do appreciate all your help. I will check out both mp3Tag and Ifranview.

Thanks again!
Doobie Lit

Post by Doobie Lit »

While MM5G update the created playlists when the pngs are converted to jpeg?
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Can't be sure, but a rescan should fix it. Might be best to try a few sample tracks then rescan, and check
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks