Will not play some albums on MM for android, just scrolls endlessly

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

pgc

Will not play some albums on MM for android, just scrolls endlessly

Post by pgc »

I have media monkey pro on an Android 13 phone. Recently it stopped being able to play certain albums. When I try to select a song on one of these albums it begins to scroll through all the songs on the album and just cycles endlessly. Other albums still play normally. I deleted the app and music library from the phone, reloaded it and synced it with my computer, but the problem is unchanged. I also deleted the cache partition on the phone, because I read that that can fix scrolling problems on a phone, but it did not have any effect. (Obviously I don't really know what I am doing, but I can follow instructions.) Anyone have an idea what is going on here?
rusty

Re: Will not play some albums on MM for android, just scrolls endlessly

Post by rusty »

Hi,

When MediaMonkey for Android scrolls through tracks it means that either:
- they're not where MMA expects them to be
- they're in a format that's not playable

Can you verify the location of the problematic track(s) (in MMA > Properties), and check with a file explorer if the track(s) in question exist in that location? Also:
- what format is the track?
- is it playable by another player from that location?
- what version of mma are you using?

Thanks!

-Rusty
pgc

Post by pgc »

Hi Rusty Thanks for your response. The mma version is 1.4.4.0956
The location and format of the files has not changed since it used to work (this issue appeared after mma had been working fine for some time) and other media players (an app called Music Player) play them without problems. I want to stick with mm becau7se it syncs well with my PC.
rusty

Post by rusty »

The only thing that I can think of is that:
- The tracks have somehow been moved/renamed causing MM to not see them in their expected locations
- There was an OS update that caused the format of the files to become unplayable

To test the first hypothesis, navigate to a problematic file via the Folders > Files navigation (that takes you to the actual file location) and see if it plays. If it still doesn't, then it means that the problem is with the file format.

If the problem is with the file format, try resyncing, making sure to set MMA to delete files that aren't on the sync list. Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks!

-Rusty