Cross-fade or Gapless

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Dreadlau

Re: Cross-fade or Gapless

Post by Dreadlau »

Eyal wrote:Right, MediaMonkey default at installation is to Crossfade and remove silence between songs.
Quite unusual for a player. This behavior has generated a storm of questions and technical support on the forum ...
I agree. It's a nice feature but it should be disabled by default. It seems to confuse a lot of new users.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
dvd2929

Post by dvd2929 »

Everyone here keeps saying it was easy to find because its on the Play top menu. If you read the question he is not only asking how to enable/disable crossfading but he is also asking how to adjust the time the crossfader begins between tracks. This is indeed hidden which was explained by rovingcowboy. Thank you for your answer, i have been trying to figure it out.
verne64

Post by verne64 »

So rovingcowboy has posted the lead to the solution.

After adujusting the crossfade option under the "play menu", go to Tools>options>output plugins>mediamonkey direct sound output>configure> uncheck "remove pause", uncheck "smooth pause" etc.

It actually took me several years to learn why mediamonkey, still crossfaded some tracks while I had "crossfade" turned off under play menu. Some pauses are meant to be there, I think the software should respect them by default and correct it when I ask for it, by turning on the option.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

You can access the option even easier, just right-click somewhere in the player area and "Configure current output plugin".
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

nohitter151 wrote:I think its hard to believe you could find a more obvious spot to disable this than under the "Play" menu.
How about not hiding it in any menu? :roll:
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:I think its hard to believe you could find a more obvious spot to disable this than under the "Play" menu.
How about not hiding it in any menu? :roll:
"Hiding"? Where else would that setting be?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

What's up with the attitude nohitter? I hope you're not a representative of MediaMonkey.

You did NOTHING to answer the REAL question of the OP other than gave us half-assed answer and dead links.

I too came here after Help and FAQ failed me provide me info about ADJUSTING crossfade. Thanks to Rovingcowboy I finally got my answer.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Guest wrote:What's up with the attitude nohitter? I hope you're not a representative of MediaMonkey.

You did NOTHING to answer the REAL question of the OP other than gave us half-assed answer and dead links.

I too came here after Help and FAQ failed me provide me info about ADJUSTING crossfade. Thanks to Rovingcowboy I finally got my answer.
Well thanks for the kind words. But I also have to say that sometimes the links go bad and that's unfortunate but it is not caused by the poster unless they make a typo.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jsblume

Post by jsblume »

You'll also want to uncheck "Remove silence at the beginning / end of track." I've found that even with crossfade set to three seconds it still jumps directly to from the end of one to the beginning of the next.
Naojniloc79

Post by Naojniloc79 »

I found the crossfade once... and was happy for a few days... but MM reverted to crossfade. I have a play now menu but that doesn't have any crossfade under it.... There is a bottom right button that is unlabelled until hovering over it it says (Playlist on/off) I had to right click on that to find the 'configure current option' which does then allow control crossfade... But it is certainly not intuitive... Maybe something has got switched of but it took me 2 hours now to figure it out! It should be at the top right as a switch... as I and many others don't like crossfade at all! Admittedly they are all musicians! Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Main Menu, Play > Crossfade to enable/disable it. MediaMonkey 5 also adds the ability to add a Gap.