Playback disabled in Android Auto (MMA 2) [#19708, #19864, #19994]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: Playback disabled in Android Auto (MMA 2) [#19708, #19944]]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
What is the phone Make and model?
Wonder if Full Background permissions are set correctly for MMA, MMA Pro, Android Auto on the phone?

EDIT: I tried today for 3h with my Moto X4 and aftermarket Android Auto based head unit (waiting for cables and CANBUS to arrive so that I can put it in friends car). Had no issues.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
trptmd

Re: Playback disabled in Android Auto (MMA 2) [#19708]

Post by trptmd »

Hi Everyone,

I have a similar issue as the one described here. It may be the same issue. Please let me know if this belongs in a different thread!

When I plug my phone into my car head unit, I can navigate to MM on the Android Auto head unit. It will have the option to select from a list of tracks, artists, albums, etc and will have a yellow button on the right side of the screen to navigate to the “now playing” screen. This button will be present ONLY if I have used MMA on my phone (or on the car) within the past ~2 hours, and if I select that, I can resume what was previously playing.

If I have not used MMA recently, then that button will not appear but I can still resume any in-progress music by pressing play on my phone, at which the button will appear on the head unit, and MMA with AA will work as intended.

When I am NOT able to resume the music, there is a notification on my phone that says “preparing playback service”. This notification disappears when resuming music. I wonder if that has anything to do with the issue.

Here is what I am using:
Galaxy S10e, Android 12, last update
MMA beta build 1074
Head unit Pioneer DMH-1770NEX with most recent firmware

Thank you for your help!
MPG

Post by MPG »

I did find that MMS did not have permissions to change system settings, so I checked that off. I have been playing with MMA for the last week and the same issue still occurs. Seems that I'm not the only one as it seems that trptmd has the same issue.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
Drakogol

Post by Drakogol »

I have something similar. It updated yesterday to 2.* And now Android auto won't recognize the app anymore. When I tap on the app on my radio it just says " it seems media monkey isn't working right now". I have to use the old way: plug in and tap play on mm
rusty

Post by rusty »

Does changing the following setting help?

MMA Options > Playback > Limit list size for external apps : 0

-Rusty
Drakogol

Post by Drakogol »

That was already preset. I'll try later to change that option into something else
Automan

Post by Automan »

Drakogol wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:49 am I have something similar. It updated yesterday to 2.* And now Android auto won't recognize the app anymore. When I tap on the app on my radio it just says " it seems media monkey isn't working right now". I have to use the old way: plug in and tap play on mm
I am getting the same with my Pixel Pro 6 and Sony XAV-AX3250 aftermarket head unit (USB cable connection).

I can still use the app on the phone which plays the music to the Sony XAV-AX3250.
Drakogol

Post by Drakogol »

OK now I have something weird.
1. It didn't work
2. I reinstalled the app and reselected the app on Android auto
3. It didn't work
4. A little later I tried again and it worked. I had tap on play on the radio because I hadn't selected the option for autoplay on dock but it worked with CD logo and all that
rusty

Post by rusty »

One other question; are all of you subscribed the the MMA beta / using build 1074 ?

I'm asking because the failure to display the last played track/playing queue hasn't yet been fixed in 1074, but the inability to browse MMA using Android Auto was fixed in 1074 so the issue just described by drakogol where MMA didn't work at all over Android Auto should have been fixed. If that's really still occurring with 1074, please share a log ID with us here right after that occurs.

Thanks!

-Rusty
rusty

Re: Playback disabled in Android Auto (MMA 2) [#19708, #19864, #19994]

Post by rusty »

fyi, most of the remaining Android Auto issues should be fixed in beta build 1076. Can you let us know how it's working for you?

Thanks!

-Rusty
trptmd

Post by trptmd »

I tried build 1076 with my setup and it is not fixed yet.

When I bring up MMA on AA, now it will show a spinning orange ring animation in the middle of the screen. I can still navigate to artists, albums, etc but can't resume playback of what was playing before. It will still show "preparing playback service" notification on my phone when this happens.

After starting playback on my phone, MMA on AA will work as usual.

Thanks!
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi trptmd,

Thanks for letting us know. It seems that it's specific to certain Android Auto / Device configurations :-(
When I bring up MMA on AA, now it will show a spinning orange ring animation in the middle of the screen. I can still navigate to artists, albums, etc but can't resume playback of what was playing before. It will still show "preparing playback service" notification on my phone when this happens.

Can you let us know what version of Android Auto you have and what Device / OS you're using?

Also, immediately after this occurs, can you open MMA, and submit a debug log (from the menu, click Help > Send logs) and share the log ID here?

We're unable to replicate this but the log will help us understand what's occurring in your environment.

Thanks!

-Rusty
trptmd

Post by trptmd »

Hi rusty, here you go:

Galaxy S10e, Android 12, last update
MMA beta build 1076
Head unit Pioneer DMH-1770NEX with most recent firmware

Log ID: ATPVVIW3QC
Description: Unable to resume play on Android auto
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks! We'll look into this.

-Rusty
MPG

Post by MPG »

The latest version seems to have resolved all of my issues. MMA is now working as expected. Thanks for all of your efforts!
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.