Replace String - choosing part of the string

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

svillardi

Replace String - choosing part of the string

Post by svillardi »

Hi. Is there a way to replace Disc 1 with [Disc 1] without replacing [Disc 1] with [[Disc 1]]?

Also, is there a way to search for multiple OR statements for the string, such as:

Replace "disc 1" or "Disc 1" or "Disc1" or "disc1" or "Disk 1" or...... ---> with [Disc 1]?
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Replace String - choosing part of the string

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

I would probably use a Collection / View in the first instance - particularly if a regular activity.

You don't mention which field has the "Disc x" in or where it is in relation to other text in the field.

Collections can have multiple criteria so you can deal with text at start / end / middle providing spacing is consistent.

This is why I like Collections as you can evolve your criteria and check to see if results are as expected.

Again, many of these editing tasks are best handled with RegExp / MMW4 at the moment.
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Replace String can do the replacing: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... -string-3/

Filters or AutoPlaylists should be able to filter out files with [: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... ilelisting
svillardi

Post by svillardi »

How would this help me bunch the OR statements or target "Disc 2" without targeting "[Disc 2]"?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can either filter out files that include [ or [Disc, so only files without it are shown. Then you edit those files.