Stop Time not working

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

helgeh

Stop Time not working

Post by helgeh »

Hi,

in the details view I can enter a start and a stop time for a song. Entering a start time works finde but the stop time is ignored. Couldn't find anything in this board. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

regards
helge
Peke

Re: Stop Time not working

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is the first time reported.

I tried with latest MM 5.1 and could not replicate for me track is cut at designated Stop time.

Only thing I see is that Seek bar is still whole track Added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20073
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
TomK15

Post by TomK15 »

I am experiencing the same issue. Setting stop time in track properties is not stopping the track playback. Its 7:10.234 and still plays to the end even when stop time is set to 7:09

MM5 installed a couple of days ago on a
Win11 laptop.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I also tried with the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 and file skipped to next on reach stop time. What Build (Help > About) are you seeing this with?
TomK15

Post by TomK15 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:47 pm I also tried with the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 and file skipped to next on reach stop time. What Build (Help > About) are you seeing this with?
MM 5.0.4.2690 which is the current Standard download, installed a few days ago.

Tried it with a couple of other tracks and same thing happens, they play thru to the end.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you don't want MM5.1 for daily use install it as portable and let it import MM5 library. that should allow you to test.
Best regards,
Peke
TomK15

Post by TomK15 »

TomK15 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:31 pm
Lowlander wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:47 pm I also tried with the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 and file skipped to next on reach stop time. What Build (Help > About) are you seeing this with?
MM 5.0.4.2690 which is the current Standard download, installed a few days ago.

Tried it with a couple of other tracks and same thing happens, they play thru to the end.
OK, how's this for a curveball on this glitch?
The two tracks I tried to trim before still keep playing all the way thru to the end. Even if I try changing them to just half the track.
But the last three tracks that I trimmed functioned as expected! The stop time is when the track stops playing and MM moves on to the next track.

I wonder what it is about the tracks that will not stop playing vs the ones that do.

Guess I'll live with it and retry once the next release comes out.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried removing the stop time, as well as remove the files from the MediaMonkey library and rescanning them? Does it still fail in that scenario?
TomK15

Post by TomK15 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:35 pm Have you tried removing the stop time, as well as remove the files from the MediaMonkey library and rescanning them? Does it still fail in that scenario?
Tried that and still nofix. MM just keeps playing to the end of file.
Thanks for the help attempts.
Lets hope the 5.1 release cures it for people who don't want to edit the source file.

Going to accomplish what I want another way by using Audacity to clip off the unwanted audio, add some silence, and then fade it out instead of a hard cutoff if that's something I want the song to do.
This way even when the file gets copied/synched to an ipod or some other platform it will stop when I want it to.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please offer the problem file to Support for analysis.
TomK15

Post by TomK15 »

Bug notes:
The file t13 As (Wonder).mp3 runs 7:10.289.
When MM sets the stop time to anything less than 7:00, it stops playing at the stop time.
When MM sets the stop time to anything 7:00 or higher, it plays thru to the original ends time of 7:10.289.

MM 5.0.4.2690 and 5.1.0.2813 debug both act the same.
Will send my system info and the debug capture to the MM support team.
Monkey-IQ

Post by Monkey-IQ »

I'm having the same problem with mp3 files.
I right click a song and go to Properties>Details, then change the Stop Time and click OK and it does nothing... The new stop time gets completely ignored and the track keeps playing to the end.
I'm using Windows 10 64 bits + Media Monkey 5.0.4.2692 Standard Version.
Any solution yet?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please try to install latest MM 5.1 from http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 86639&sd=d we can't replicate problem.
Best regards,
Peke
Monkey-IQ

Post by Monkey-IQ »

Peke wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:58 am Hi,
Please try to install latest MM 5.1 from http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 86639&sd=d we can't replicate problem.
Problem solved.
I downloaded the MM5 Non-Debug Built from the link you sent me and now Start and Stop times work flawlessly.
Thanks!