Garmin fenix 5 or 6 watch sync

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

GSV3MiaC

Garmin fenix 5 or 6 watch sync

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Got a shiny new (old) fenix watch which will play bluetooth music or audio books, but the garmin express sync/update app on the windows pc is the slowest thing I ever did see.

The fenix 5 storage shows up on windows (10) explorer as a device, but not an attached drive. Is there some way to get mm4 to sync stuff to it, or is it manual copy and paste?
Lowlander

Re: Garmin fenix 5 or 6 watch sync

Post by Lowlander »

Does MediaMonkey see it as a device under Tools > Options > Portable Device Sync?
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Yes, it does, and it now shows up as a device just above 'my computer'. I guess it was something to do with whether MM was running before I plugged it in, or whether some other utility grabbed the device or something.

I ought to be able to sync it now! Thanks (and glad to see you are still here after about 20 years and god knows how many releases).
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

I am able to sync to my Garmin devices BUT I much prefer to use the "Music" app on the Garmin watch to control Media Monkey Android (MMA) on my phone or tablet. Effectively the watch is a simple remote control. My reasons are:

a). Much greater capacity on the Android phone (i.e. Micro SD card of >=128 GB vs < 32GB on watch)
b). Android device / MMA supports wider / higher quality audio file formats better in my opinion
c). An Android device may provide a Hi Resolution blue tooth audio option with suitable headphones
d). Wi Fi sync of phone is relative quick and easy with MMA
e). Battery life of Garmin watch will drop significantly if playing music

Just a thought if you already have an Android Device available (or can pick up a good used one for ££).
Ian Taylor
GSV3MiaC

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Thanks, I mostly plan to use it for audio books so space/quality not an issue, battery life may be (already bad enough when using the GPS and mapping). I have an android phone, but sometimes like to travel a) lite, and b) off grid!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can squeeze up to 30% more battery time if you turn on Airplane mode and then just enable what you need eg. Location, no wifi, BT, mobile data. I have old phone with great headphones amp and it can take up to 3 days running MMA 10h a day and 7-10 using 16k powerbank.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts