The problem is:
- I sync a lot of tracks to MMA
- I use the music in MMA for a number of months
- Then I reconnect my phone to my PC, aiming to remove some albums, and add some new albums
- I set my (android) phone USB Preference to FileTranfer/AndroidAuto setting
- ===> the tree at D&S>SyncList has no checkboxes checked ... MM thinks that it has nothing synced to the device
- the sync at MM5 is configured to Delete "Unselected Library" tracks ... it wants to delete everything
ie. I synced some hundreds of albums to a Network location (Google Drive I think),. I was going to sync my whole collection. But then MM5 forgot them, so I could not easily continue synching all my albums to that location. I gave up on that project.
I loaded MMA 1101 today. The issue has happened this time with my phone. I have 2300+ tracks sync'd to the phone, but have now lost control of the sync process. When I start a new sync the process wants me to delete 2300 tracks off my phone.
This is at least the 4th time this has happened with my phone syncs.
- MM has a strategy to repair the coordination between MMW and MMA when this happens? I looked at the databases in the MediaMonkey folder in my phone. The database contains rows in the Albums & tracks tables for all tracks that have been sync'd to my phone. The other database on the phone lists the tracks in the Media table. .... I tried syncing a new track across to the phone hoping that would wake the MM5 database up to the contents of the phone, but no.
- Is there any way to get MM5 to regain the correct view of what it has sent to the phone? ... MM becomes useless for a ongoing sync of large amounts of tracks if we have to reset everything periodically, and start again. I have seen this same issue reported here a number of times.
- What can be causing this situation? Was it the install of the new MMA version? Or was it the MM5 File>ManageDatabases>Rebuild that I accidentally triggered a few weeks ago when researching something for someone on the forum? ... A DB Rebuild shouldn't wipe out the sync status should it?