so scripters,

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

so scripters,

Post by Guest »

how about lessons on scripting for media monkey. so everyone can get in on the fun. for starters how about answering this guestion.

1. how do you make the script check the current playing song.

thats it just how to check the current playing song is needing answered in this one step at a time for us that are not too good at scripting.

:)
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Lol, yes perhaps some lessons are good for the ppl who don't know scripting yet....
My opinion is that you MUST download the MM scripting guide and also various script from here and try to understand the logic. If you have little experience in programming it wont be to hard to figure out.

In any case, here is the answer to your question

Code: Select all

SDB.Player.CurrentSong.ID 'to get the ID of the song
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Haven't you been helped enough RovingCowboy?

Before starting scripting it's best to learn the language. Check the local community college for any available courses. You can also go the self learn route by buying a book on vbscript. One of those 24 hours or 21 weeks books might help a lot. Lastly you have many online sources with great help available. Many have been mentioned here on the forum.
As for the MM specifics there is the MM scripting guide.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

and who said it was me that asked?

i am not the only one that types with double spaces

and smilies.

but i agree on the fact that there has been a lot of help given me.

but i also agree with the poster that there needs to be some lessons
given.

some need some lessons in manors too. :o

but i am not saying who they are you can guess about that too since you like to guess.

as for the first question they asked, that was a good one.

so how about making the lessons instead of trying to guess peoples names? would be for lot less scrolling that way and some one said they liked less scrolling. :wink:

giving lessons on how to script for monkey would be making this a more professional forum. thats what we all want is it not? :o

and telling some one to go to the FAQ list all the time is not really a good idea. you should tell them a little answer about their question and then tell them to go to the FAQ list.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Al_G

Post by Al_G »

rovingcowboy wrote:
some need some lessons in manors too.
As well as punctuation and spelling. (Sorry, that was too tempting).

rovingcowboy wrote: and telling some one to go to the FAQ list all the time is not really a good idea. you should tell them a little answer about their question and then tell them to go to the FAQ list.
FAQs exist for a reason. A little answer should be concise and accurate. Often your responses leave me more confused than enlightened. More and more I find myself skipping them.
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

I think the best way is to get a few scripts and try to play with them. Dont forget that google is your friend and has all the help you need.
On the other hand if you are asking how to do something specific i think this is the right place for it.
Just my thoughts..
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep they should be short and to the point which i was starting to do.

and mine are correct when i say it i mostly have done that on my systems, and got it to work that way.

i do say to do the debug log when i see the error is nothing i have had happen.

as for the typos and not any periods at times, or too many. i agree i some times mess up but i have corrected more then you see on the messages. for some reason the packets get slowed down on the web and some get lost i have said it before in other forums and in this one.

about 80% of the errors in typing can be caused by the internet dropping packets. the others about 5% can be caused by bugs in forums where you correct a typo in the text area but it does not get corrected in the post because of something making the typo be kept and not cleared. the rest is mostly user typo's. i have done tests on that and it is true. type blocks of text for a message. use spell check and grammer correct. then send it to a message forum and you will get a few typo's in it.

so skip my posts if you want to it does not bother me.

yep thedude i did try that too but like some others i have seen post they don't get the stuff either from looking at the scripts.

and who needs google when it is monkey we want to script for.?

but some of you guys have taken this poster's topic and turned it in to another trashed thread.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There's no way this forum could (or should) compete with websites which actually provide VBScript tuition! This is a MediaMonkey forum, not a VBScript forum. Specific MM scripting questions (and more general ones) can of course be asked and are normally answered promptly by the more experienced scripters.

I learnt VBScript entirely though this forum and the scripting helpfile, plus these websites; W3Schools and DevGuru - both excellent sites!
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rovingcowboy wrote:for some reason the packets get slowed down on the web and some get lost i have said it before in other forums and in this one.

about 80% of the errors in typing can be caused by the internet dropping packets.
hahaha, that is funny. Good start to my day. If packets would be lost the whole message would be corrupted and so nothing would be posted.
rovingcowboy wrote:yep thedude i did try that too but like some others i have seen post they don't get the stuff either from looking at the scripts.
Scripting isn't for everybody. If you don't understand scripting you will have a hard time learning it on a forum like MediaMonkey's. I advice you to take a course and use online scripting resources dedicated to VBScript to get up to speed. And if it's out of reach there is no need to worry as many scripters step up when a person requests a script.
And of course you should first use the resources available, which are plenty before putting a burden on other peoples time.

And if you look good, the first reply contains the answer to the question posted. Most scripters try to help the new scripters on their way.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what is the reason then when some letters are dropped from a perfectly spell checked and grammer checked message?

if it is not dropped packets the only other thing has to be messed up forum software? that is all i can figure anyway. come to think about it one of the forum's i did that test with just changed to a new forum code? okay
so that looks like it might be the most likely reason instead of dropped packets. so that might just have been the reason i did not think it had a bad code for the forum though?

and as for looking good enough i seen that first answer. it was just as was needed the some of the rest under him are the ones that got off topic. since you brought up the look good idea? go read the first post again i see they said in this step by step.? which tells me they wanted to ask more in the same post but now that their post is trashed up they might think that is not possible.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've never had any typos in posts other than the ones I've made myself.

His question was answered. I don't see the problem.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Step 1
psyxonova wrote:

Code: Select all

SDB.Player.CurrentSong.ID 'to get the ID of the song
Step 2
all done
TheDude

Post by TheDude »

rovingcowboy wrote: about 80% of the errors in typing can be caused by the internet dropping packets.
Not trying to be a jerk, but wanted to let you know that is 100% false. I am a software engineer that writes network drivers and that is not true.
I could go into a deep explanation on how packets work, but this isnt the place. If you are curious do a google for it and you will find the answer.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Sometimes this forum is really funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Course about dropping packets (handling, so they don't cause spelling problems and such 8)):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCPIP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmissi ... l_Protocol
(in short, every packet (doesn't matter if you're using dial-up or backbone) is checked for correctness, and resent if necessary, until it's been received correctly)

For the rest, I want too keep it simple and agree with what most other people (to be safe, let's say the "known scripters") say.
People that want to learn scripting are given very much information and possibilities. Sometimes it's just a little step to begin, but that's why there exist so many simple "hello world" stuff etc.

ADDITION: Add the people with need for lessons in manors too... :P
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The spelling errors due to packet loss are due to people using RC's wireless connection to connect to his dialup internet. :wink: