New phone, one track "Failed to download"

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

gordol
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:16 pm

New phone, one track "Failed to download"

Post by gordol »

I just upgraded from a Galaxy S22u to a OnePlus 12, both with OS 14. When I swapped I did a data transfer of all my data content, which included my MMA2 on-device library, some 19K+ tracks, then I synced MediaMonkey and it matched up the files. So far, so good.

However, subsequent syncs (three so far) have "completed with errors", being "Failed to download (1 tracks)". It's the same one every time.

There is no logging I can find anywhere on either MMA nor MMW for why this failed. However, the file name length is 211 characters long before the file extension. Note that there was no such problem with this file prior to this device swap.

MMW is not letting me change only the file name, probably an auto-tag setting as in general I prefer to have the file name and the tags match, makes it so much easier for me to manage things and find specific tracks outside of MMW if I need or want to share them. I am not interested in changing this setting as that would break my workflows. Sync settings as viewed in MMW "Sync Profile" only has conversions for file formats, not file lengths.

Once I manually shortened the file name and set the Title tag to match, it synced. However, since the original title is 211 characters long, I have now lost a lot of info about the track and I want to put that back.
Lowlander
Posts: 56884
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: MediaMonkey 5

Re: New phone, one track "Failed to download"

Post by Lowlander »

Presumably the Path is even longer? Windows has issues with long file paths, this is likely the root of the issue.

You can try Locate Moved/Missing File to see if you can match the MediaMonkey database entry to the renamed file (you shouldn't have it scanned in though).
gordol
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: New phone, one track "Failed to download"

Post by gordol »

The file transferred just fine, so far as I know, on the s22u. At least, I never got any errors about a failure on this file before. And I've had the track since before I switched to Android (and MediaMonkey) from an iThing eight or nine years ago.

I guess what I'm asking for here is twofold: A reason given for the failure in the error or easily found rather than guessed; and a file conversion option in the sync settings for long file names.
Post Reply