Duplicate "various artists" album artist & missing track artist on iphone

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

CCV

Duplicate "various artists" album artist & missing track artist on iphone

Post by CCV »

I recently consolidated a "Various" album artist group with "Various Artist" in MM5
I now have only a "Various Artists" group in MM5. - all good in MM
Track artists all appear in MM like they should, even if the track is from within a "Various Artists" album and the artist is not listed anywhere as an album artist - all good and as I expected
However, after a full clean of all files on my iphone (twice) and a resync I have the following results on the iphone:
- All tracks do appear to sync to iphone (good) but...
- There are now a number of duplicate "Various Artists" shown on the iphone, all have different albums that comes from the singular "Various Artists" group that is in MM
- The track artists that are for a track that is within a "Various Artists" group do not appear on the iphone as an artist. In other words, I cannot search for the artist on the iphone unless that artist is actually named somewhere as an album artist
Described another way...
- In addition to the duplicate "Various Artists" on the iphone it appears to me that the iphone is showing only album artists and not track artists
Thanks in advance for any help/ideas
Lowlander

Re: Duplicate "various artists" album artist & missing track artist on iphone

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like it shows Albums, thus the various entries for Various Artists.
CCV

Re: Duplicate "various artists" album artist & missing track artist on iphone

Post by CCV »

That doesn't make sense.
Yes the iphone is showing album artists only under "Artists". But in addition to that it has multiple "Various Artists" showing under the Artists group, not ONE "Various Artists" group as is the case with MM.
In addition, the track artists do not appear in the iphone listing the way they do in MM.
Therefore there are two different issues on the iphone that may or may not be connected.
The iphone should only show one Various Artists group with all albums under it, in the same fashion as MM.
The iphone should also show all track artists, whether that artist is listed as an album artist or not.
MM is showing ALL artists, whether they be album artists or track artists (including where a track artist is not listed as an album artist)
MM has only one group of albums under one artist named Various Artists.
The issue is the iphone doe not show what MM shows