MM5 does not remember the Gold licence

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Miculus

MM5 does not remember the Gold licence

Post by Miculus »

MM5 does not remember the Gold licence (MM 5.0.5.2695)

The Gold licence must be re-entered after each start. It does not matter whether the licence was started with normal or administrative rights. As soon as the software restarts, I have to re-enter the user and the key.
Lowlander

Re: MM5 does not remember the Gold licence

Post by Lowlander »

Please start here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... -are-lost/

Is this for a regular or portable install?
Miculus

Post by Miculus »

Thank you Lowlander for your quick reply.

I had originally installed MM5 as a portable version with the free version.
After I was convinced by many features, I bought the gold licence and registered MM5.

When the licence had to be re-registered every time the software was restarted, I installed the app as a fixed, non-portable version.
No success.

Following the instructions you described and linked, I uninstalled everything including the MS Win registry and hidden folders. Then a fresh installation as a NON-PORTABLE version.

Unfortunately, the problem remains that the licence has to be re-entered every time the app is started.

If the user and key in the registry can be written in a specific key (i.e. it is not a hash key or subject to any encryption), I would also try this manually. I would then need the registry path and key name.

Greetz
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are other settings also lost after restart?

With the Portable you're not using the Windows Registry, so if both are suffering the same fate there is something else happening. Can you try a separate Portable Install and see if it still has the same issue?
Miculus

Post by Miculus »

Hello LowLander,

Yep, restarts don't work and don't help.
I have tested it in two versions, once on a fresh WIN11 installation as a portable version, another time as a fixed installation. Both times the licence information was saved.
So it is recognisable that it is somewhere between a Windows computer already in use and the installation process.

However, I was able to find the reg file of the portable version and transfer this to the registry for the full version on my Windows computer to be used and this works. :)

Thanks for the help and tips. :)