Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: MMA now won't sync with BMW after upgrade to Pro

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As I said I do not own BMW , but here are my Android Auto settings
Image Image

Tested on friends Honda and MMA showed normally.

Do you have those settings for Android Auto set on your Phone?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

Thank you for you response. I tried it on my wife's car (not a BMW) and MMA did not show on there either. Yes my settings are the same as your, other than MMA does not show anywhere on my customizer screen as yours does. I think that is the problem in itself.
I am an innocent victim that knows nothing about MediaMonkey. Help me on my path of entertainment joy. :(
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
It does not show on customized screen if Unknown apps are disabled.

See https://android.googlesource.com/platfo ... /readme.md
and
https://developer.android.com/training/cars/testing
Best regards,
Peke
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

It all looks like the version from the Amazon store is still installed, which doesn't support AndroidAuto.
Please send Logs via Options/Help/Send Logs and
write down the log ID and I will verify it.

If it's a Google version, we'll have to wait until version 2.0.1 comes out, which has all the related libraries updated to the latest version(maybe that's the reason).
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

martin.bohac wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:20 am It all looks like the version from the Amazon store is still installed, which doesn't support AndroidAuto.
Nailed it. Uninstalled Amazon MMA, installed Goolge MMA. Working now. Thank you.

Why is the Amazon version even posted? The only reason I installed it from Amazon in the first place was because the MMA Pro license I bought/installed was not being recognized by Google MMA. So I bought the Pro license again, this time from Amazon and the Pro license from Amazon was recognized by their version of MMA.

MMA from Amazon just needs to be taken down if one of the main features of MMA Android does not work/sync to the car. Totally f'd up and a serious waste of time. I'll just stay with version of MMA without my Pro license being recognized so my MMA and Android Auto will talk to each other. Way more valuable.
I am an innocent victim that knows nothing about MediaMonkey. Help me on my path of entertainment joy. :(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not everyone uses the Google Play store, for those that don't the Amazon App store is an alternative option.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Devices that decline usage/installation of Google services are not capable to use many many Google services (Android Auto included) Amazon Store like Lowlander said is Alternative to buy MMA Pro for such devices and MMA on Amazon Store do not have any services that require Google Services to function.

NOTE: Many custom OS do not have Google Services installed (Cable provider STBs for example) but are capable to sideload Amazon Store and enjoy purchased apps.
Best regards,
Peke