ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

cool sounds good. good work!
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

One thing I don't remember seeing mentioned, it would be nice to restrict tracks from 'full album' files, IE do not play songs over 20 minutes (or whatever user preference).

Usually when I use scrobbler dj, I am not wanting full albums files, but (related) variety.

And likewise to that, a minimum song length so 30-60 sound clips/intro's/dialogs do not get added.
Kit

Post by Kit »

I know this error has been discussed but I still can't figure it out... can someone please explain in detail step by step to get rid of this error
"
Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument
File: "C:\program files\MM\Scripts\ScroblerDJ.vbs", Line: 669, Column: 4
"

It comes up every now and then... I'm not very familiar with the scripting so please if you can help I would greatly appreciate it :D
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I beleive that error is something with the special characters, like for motley crue and such any non ansi/ascii characters.

Basically there is nothing that can be done until the next version is released (it's being re-wrote from ground up).
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Do you have the debug option set it on???
Teknojnky, both of your suggestions will be implemented...
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

Teknojnky, min and max track length is good suggestions, glad they're being implemented.
Drake

Post by Drake »

ok, this is doing my nut. I love the idea of this script, but I cant get it to select new (unheard) tracks from my collection (9000 tracks)

is there a help file or something that will show me, step-by-step what I have to do to get this working.

so far:

- I've installed the latest versions of MM and this script
- I've setup an account with Last.FM
- I've gone through the Tools>Options>Scrobbler settings
- I've turned off autoDJ and shuffle

basically Ive gone through the entire 22 pages of this thread (somebody give me a life pls ;) ) and cannot seem to find why this isnt working for me.

Post by Guest »

correction, 23 pages of this thread lol
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

"I've setup an account with Last.FM"

actually, you don't need to do that.

when you install the script, I think most of it's settings are set to zero or nothing.. go to tools/options and go to the scrobbler dj settings.. make sure there's a value for everything... and make sure the timeout time is about 5 seconds or more or it wont have time to hook up.

Dale.
Drake

Post by Drake »

k, I had that set at 0 seconds

Here are my cyrrent settings:

Default Playlist: "Tracks Not In Playlists" (List of about 6,000 tracks)
Show warning on timeout: Checked
Timeout: 20 secs
Info show: 5 secs
Monimal match: Ive tried 5%, 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, nothing has any effect
No Same Artist: 600 mins
Select Rating: Any (I havent rated anything yet, tried some auto rating scripts, but hey those wouldnt work either :/)
Include Higher Ratings: cant check this box
Include Unknown Ratings: checked
Enable scrobblerDJ: checked
Enable debug mode: checked

AutoDJ is disabled

Im using winXP

Im using MM Ver 2.5.3.968

Honestly guys, I'm going nuts trying to get half these scripts working, and seriously, please dont get me wrong Im not bitching at anyone, just frustrated beyond belief. Im aware, from reading the boards, that problems like mine are 70% of the time related to something the user has or has not done or instaled.

Also, Im new to MM, started using it about 3 weeks ago when looking for something that would be to my Zen what iTunes is to the iPod and I've been loving it ever since, its just trying to get some of these scripts to work is making me all grumpy lol
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Drake wrote: Default Playlist: "Tracks Not In Playlists" (List of about 6,000 tracks)
Cool :)
Drake

Post by Drake »

thought you'd like that
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Are you letting MM play the last track of "now playing" right?

Scrobbler dj will only enqueue a single file when the last track of the 'now playing' list is played.

If you are already doing this, is MM simply stopping at the last track, or are there some type of errors or anything?

Under normal operation, scrobbler dj should pop a status bar at the bottom of the screen indicating what is happening, connecting to last.fm, etc.
Drake

Post by Drake »

ugh, I was starting at the beginning of my playlists, and expecting it to *insert* tracks into the now playing

though now that you've said it, letting it go to the end makes TOTAL sense

anyway, yeah it works fine :oops:
EarltheGrey

Post by EarltheGrey »

This Script is really GREAT! thx psyxonova and all the other's witch were involved :)

ATM i have about ~11k songs in MM, albums in general, with sweet tracks i couldnt even remember...

Thank you once more ^^

One little thing i have to mention:
Some Errorhandling in case you have MM's AutoDJ activated would by nice.