Is there a script to change "dont" into "don'

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

My "Advanced Rename" script also performs this task. It can do Firstname Lastname -> Lastname, Firstname and vice versa. It also allows prefix and postfix exceptions, such as Jr.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Sorry Trixmoto. I checked your script first but I didn't know it was able to do it "vice versa" too. Maybe you can mention that (if it's already there, more clearly) on your script's first post?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The reverse is only possible recently, in version 2.0, which I only released last month.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
hwatkin

Composer

Post by hwatkin »

How can I modify this script to allow for changes to be made to the composer field? Would the interface still work? I believe in MM composer is called "Author" for some reason.

Ideally, I would like to be able to have a list of standard changes, for example:
Tag = ReplaceComposerPortion(Tag, "J.S. Bach", "Bach, J.S.")
Tag = ReplaceComposerPortion(Tag, "Johann Bach", "Bach, J.S.")

Great script!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

If you go to the artist node, select the artist node which is incorrect, press F2, correct the spelling, it will automagically correct all tags that had that previously incorrect spelling.

Alternatively, you can select the tracks under the incorrect artist, and drag/drop them onto the correct artist spelling.

This works great for stuff like changing 'Beatles' to "The Beatles", etc.

Post by Guest »

Thanks, but I was referring to the Composer field, not the Artist field. Any thoughts on that?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Ah, there is no node for composer, and while its probably possible to make a magic node, magic nodes are not editable like the main MM nodes.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The "Advanced Rename" script could easily be adapted to work with the composer field, which is "Author" in MM.

Simply find all the references to "albumArtist" (local variable) and "albumArtistName" (songdata property) and change them to "composer" and "Author" respectively.

Post by Guest »

thanks trixmoto. ideally, i would like to keep all of my changes within one script and yours is definitely the most powerful. how would you suggest changing your script to allow for Composers? or is it not possible?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

trixmoto wrote:Simply find all the references to "albumArtist" (local variable) and "albumArtistName" (songdata property) and change them to "composer" and "Author" respectively.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

As I noted before, W. Kyle White's "Custom Scripts" script-set is already able to do all of these things and more. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5160

You can replace any string in a large number of fields (it can be edited to add more). It can also modify a field based on a custom mask. All the mini-scripts are functions in one larger script so if you add a new field, all functions can then access it. It has been my utility knife script for some time now.

Trixmoto's script, once customised, will do as good a job though. Just remember (as Trix mentioned) - "Composer" is referenced within MM scripting as "Author".
thefaceman

Well I thought it would work

Post by thefaceman »

I added "what i THINK is" the lastest updated PersonalTag script, but when I run it on a selected files it does not change the "&" in the titles to "and".

If this is part of the script then I must have done something wrong or will need to add that as an enhancement myself.

Also with this script could someone please make a post that lists the current things the "latest" 'retag" rules will do so I will know what will be change and what I need to add (or what out for being changed that I do not want changed?

-thanks again
-thefaceman
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Sorry for the late response:

What PersonalTagEnhancer does: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 5575#85575

To change "&" to "and", you can add a new replace command in the ChangeCharacters function, e.g.

Code: Select all

Function ChangeCharacters(Tag) 
   Tag = Replace(Tag, "_", " ", 1, -1, 1) 
   Tag = Replace(Tag, "´", "'", 1, -1, 1) 
   Tag = Replace(Tag, "`", "'", 1, -1, 1)
   Tag = Replace(Tag, "&", "and", 1, -1, 1) 

ChangeCharacters = Tag 
End Function 
The ChangeCharacters function is by default applied to the fields Title, Artist, AlbumArtist, Album.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).