MN mask to show Album Artist of Various

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

megabeet

Post by megabeet »

hi, my strengths lie in the arts really, so could some kind soul magic up a mask to show album artists that include 'various' please? this would show Compilations in their own node.

However, if there is some better way of achieving this, then please let me know.

regards to all,
megabeet.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Hope I understand you right.

I'll try to tweak the Album Artist Node to a Compilations Node.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11265
The one without Album Artist Homepage

I imagine something like..

Compilations / Genre / Album Name /
mmfan

Post by mmfan »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:Hope I understand you right.

I'll try to tweak the Album Artist Node to a Compilations Node.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11265
The one without Album Artist Homepage

I imagine something like..

Compilations / Genre / Album Name /

Hi, in the Album Artist node, I just want to see album artist='various', and 'various artists' and 'various funk', in other words anything with 'various' in it. This would allow me to view 'compilation' albums only, in this node.

In fact, I thought I was posting in the Magic Nodes thread. Should I repost this in that thread, as I thought it could be done easier using Magic Nodes.

Mega
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

There's a lot of Magic Nodes users here that sure will be able to help.

Wanted one of those nodes myself as I do not use Magic Nodes... so I'll post one here anyways...
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Here's a "2 minute version".

Compilation node, with albums listed. Didn't do the Genre's in this one, will do that later with a few extra features... an alternative if nothing else

Self install script in zip file
mmfan

Post by mmfan »

DiddeLeeDoo wrote:Here's a "2 minute version".

Compilation node, with albums listed. Didn't do the Genre's in this one, will do that later with a few extra features... an alternative if nothing else

Self install script in zip file
Lordy! Two minutes are all you needed! It works perfectly. Thanks so much.

On an unrelated note, am I missing something, or is there a way to get MM to automatically create folders based on tags, when you add/scan a folder for new mp3s? For instance, in iTunes, I can add a bunch of mp3s to a folder called Misc. I can then ask iTunes to Add Folder to Library. It scans that folder. It then automatically takes the files out of that folder and puts them into folders based on Artist and then Album.

However, if I ask MM to scan a folder, it does scan them, and add them to the library, and puts them under the right titles in the library display. However, it does not automatically create the folders in Windows Explorer.

Although MM makes it easy to Auto Organise it 'manually', what if I have 2-3 albums of different artists in a Misc folder? Then I need to do the MM Auto Organise manually for each album.

I have a rubbish workaround for this: Use iTunes and Add the Misc folder to the library. iTunes then does all the donkey work of creating the folders (hopefully the tags are all correct). I then get MM to rescan the whole library on Startup.

Therefore, does this iTunes-style functionality exist in MM? Would this require a script, or can you point me to an existing script?

thanks again for your superfast help with the compilations script. It will make it much easier to add compilation albums to my device (Archos XS202s).
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

So now we both have a Compilations Node.. :)

I do not know iTunes that well, but MM currently is focused primarily on songs. Hopefully more Album and Artist focus will come in the future.

One bonus with doing the albums manually is that you get a visual control that every song get in the right place, have the right tags, and so on.

I believe one scripter did a script called Auto-Auto Organize or something like that. Can't remember exactly, but others may do
mmfan

Post by mmfan »

I agree, the user control is probably worth the effort in many cases.

I'm scouting around for auto auto-organize and I like the sound of it already! Not much is coming up so please post some details people!
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I wonder if this was the one... not sure.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... e+organize

BTW... I changed one section of the
Program Files\MediaMonkey\Auto\Node_Compilations.vbs
to:

Code: Select all

Function Func2(Node2)
  Func2=1
  Sub2(Node2)
End Function
(zip is updated)