Playlist creation?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Pablo

Playlist creation?

Post by Pablo »

Hello,

Is it possible to create playlists through scripting? I can see how to explore/modify the current playlist, but that's all.

I'm trying to create a script that takes the current playlist and splits it into several playlists according to the genre.

Thanks,

Pablo
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I see that it's possible to run SQL commands in the script, which gives a way of creating new playlists. Indeed for what I want to do SQL could be best way to go.

Looks like I'll have to brush up not only my scripting skills but also my SQL skills... :roll:

Can I acces the name or ID or something of the current playlist that allows to query it from the database?

Thanks,

Pablo
jiri

Post by jiri »

No, currently scripting is somewhat limited in that. I dope new objects and method will be added soon...

Jiri
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

I support that :D . As it is, I don't think it's possible to create my script in any meaningful way.

Is it possible to access the autoplaylists definitions in the database ? (Using SQL or even looking directly at the database). The field that seems to contain the defining query just says [common], I can't find the real query anywhere...

Pablo
jiri

Post by jiri »

The query isn't stored there, but there are stored all entered conditions in a form of ini file - you see just the first line stating [Common], but if you scroll down, you'll see the rest.

Jiri
Lowlander

Scripting help documents needed

Post by Lowlander »

When the 2.2 final release comes along could you guys release a document with scripting hints and tips on how we can interact with MM & DB.
This might help in creating some nice scripts!!