Missing Lyrics 1.3 - Update 11/01/2010

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

4- 5 seconds?
I tested it on my collection and it took like 38 seconds in both cases.
I'll guess it's correlated to the size of your collection. :wink:

But using the code in the first post it took like two hours! :o
Could be a good thing to change the code there trixi, since it actually gives the wrong result and a better code exists!

Even faster sql? I'll see what I can do... :D

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

i installed the new one and it fixed the problem... turns out that before the script was missing some songs without lyrics and keeping some ones that did have lyrics, but all appears to be peachy now.

on a different topic... what to do about the songs that have no lyrics...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I suggest intalling EvilLyrics which when installed with EvilLauncher will automatically run and close with MM, and will automatically find lyrics for any song you play. Then you can use EvilTagger to copy the lyrics to the ID3 tags or my LyricTimer script to automatically import them and allow you to easily edit them and add timestamps. You could then use my InlineLyrics to display these timestamped lyrics in MM. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

haha actually I already use minilyrics and steegy's minilyrics embedder - what i meant was what to do about songs with no singing.. ie kenny G, miles davis, smooth jazz... etc
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Oh, I see. :lol:

Put "[Instrumental]" or maybe just " " as the lyrics.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

both good ideas! thanks!!
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Bex, uhmm... 38/5*35k=266k Songs? That's gonna take at least a day to get all the lyrics to. :wink:
Bex

Post by Bex »

A whole day? Nah, i fix that in like 15 - 20 minutes. I just use my ultrafast Lyrics Superfinder© with built in SQL updater which simultaneously searches 78 lyric sites for every song in my library. It never does misstakes, it always finds the correct lyric (with timestamp!) regardless of the mix and length of the song! :o

Just kidding... :wink:
It would take like five years to find lyrics to all of my songs, if they even exist!

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
mediajunkie

Post by mediajunkie »

Sorry I'm so late to the party, but I would like to try out this scrpit, but I can't find the ver 1.1 code. Where can I get it? Also how do I install these scripts? Thanks for any help that you can provide.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

There's an installer for the script here:

http://trixmoto.net/mm/scripts.php?id=4

Scroll down a bit, click the monkey next to Missing Lyrics 1.1 (280Kb).

You could also install it manually by following these steps:

1. Close MediaMonkey
2. Open Notepad, copy the text of the script, paste it into notepad, and then save the file with the appropriate script name (e.g. MissingLyrics.vbs). (Make sure it is saved as MissingLyrics.vbs and not MissingLyrics.vbs.txt)
3. Copy the script file to the following folder:
Program Files\MediaMonkey\scripts\auto
4. Restart MediaMonkey
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
mediajunkie

Post by mediajunkie »

Thank you very much for the link. I hadn't looked on that page before. I got it d/l'd and it works just like it should. I really appreciate your work on this script, and will make sure to send a lil' sumpin' sumpin' your way. As a tiny follow up, I am having a real hard time getting ahold of eviltagger. I've been going to evillabs webpage, but when I hit the eviltagger link, it just takes me to a dead html page. Any suggestions? Thanks again, I really do appreciate it.
irshjet35

Lyric timer

Post by irshjet35 »

Hey Trix,
your scripts are great. I am wondering if there is a way to intergrate either lyrics-song.com or lyricsplugin.com into this script. For some reason evillyrics doesnt seem to find any of the songs I have.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script doesn't actually find lyrics, it just tells you which songs don't have lyrics.
irshjet35

Post by irshjet35 »

oh ok, though I read that if you used this with lyric timer that it would find the lyrics for the songs with missing lyrics.
Lil Byte

Missing Lyrics generates 3 error messages

Post by Lil Byte »

I'm using mm3
Can't remember if I installed 2 first or not.
I have installed MissingLyrics 1.1 AUTHOR: trixmoto DATE : 28/08/2006
Also Panel_Lyrics.vbs Version: 1.52 Date: 23 November 2006 By DiddeLeeDoo (c)
My database is in documents & settings, mm.db

I see the category item in "files to be edited" but consistently get 3 error messages, and the Unknown Lyrics list remains blank.

"There was a problem querying the database: error executing SQL "SELECT Songs.* from Songs AND Songs.ID IN (SELECT ID FROM Songs LEFT JOIN (Select IdSong FROM Memos WHERE MemoType=20000_ As Lyr ON Songs.ID=Lyr.IdSong WHERE Lyr.IdSong is Null) ":near*AND*:syntax error (1)"

If I hit ignore, it goes to tell me "field not found in result c:\sources\mediamonkeyrelease\mp3datab\sqlitedb.pas, line 1080) and then it gives me 2 more error messages which I can provide (didn't want post to be toooooooo long!)

If I hit cancel, I still get 2 more messages.

Could it be my database is not where it is expected in the script, or maybe the lyrics field has changed in the new database?

If you think it is because the database is not set yet, I'll wait . . . . if you think I've missed giving information, please ask, and TIA.