Batch Art Finder 4.2 - Updated 03/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You cannot create a dockable panel undocked, this is a scripting bug (which I forgot to report to Jiri - oops) so it does redock if you left it undocked. I suggest if you want to use it undocked that you select "Normal" mode.

Version 1.4 should fix the Name error, but Jiri has said this is also a scripting bug which he will fix in the next release.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
lightsout

Post by lightsout »

Hi
My little prob...
Kaspersky keeps finding a Trojan in the scripts/auto dir which it then deletes causing GoogleArtFinder to fail and display an error message when mm is started or the track is changed. Have to reinstall to get it working again...
:o
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@lightsout - this is the BATCH Art Finder thread, if you really mean the GOOGLE Art Finder thread then please repost here.

I can assure you that there are no Trojan's in my installers as not only do I scan them before I upload them but my webhost also scans them as I upload them. It is possible that Kaspersky is being paranoid and reading the code that downloads the images as bad. I suggest you add this file to an exception list, or however Kaspersky deals with this situation.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

trixmoto wrote:You cannot create a dockable panel undocked, this is a scripting bug (which I forgot to report to Jiri - oops) so it does redock if you left it undocked. I suggest if you want to use it undocked that you select "Normal" mode.
Strange, I don't seem to have a problem leaving the 'dockable' windows 'undocked' in the web search scripts. Perhaps he has implemented them differently.

Thank you for the option to default 'save' to checked. An idea for future versions, perhaps check/uncheck the save box depending on if an image was found (and loaded) and leave it unchecked if no results/image or still queue.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The script you mentions does not close the form, it just hides it. It is also a persistent panel which will open again undocked, but you cannot create a dockable panel undocked, it gives you an error. Making this script work this that would take a rather big rewrite, which might happen in the next version.
hars

Post by hars »

i'm getting this error:
followed by:

using latest rc build and default settings beside limiting number of images to 25. have i done something wrong?

edit: and this happens when i click "save all", when only some are selected (havent tested it with all selected), i should add.
Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. And my record collection can beat up your record collection.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This means the component that is used to save the image is probably disabled. Here is the official link describing how to disable it (link) - I suggest doing the opposite! :)
hars

Post by hars »

hm, i deleted the entry {00000566-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} that they suggest that you add, restarted, but still get the same error...
Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. And my record collection can beat up your record collection.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't really know what else to suggest. This is an Internet Explorer component which is standard, although a bit insecure. I suggest Googling for a solution, although I've tried this and not come up with much.
hars

Post by hars »

am i the only one with this problem? damn... oh well, i'll install baf on my stationary computer when i get access to that in a couple of weeks, hope it'll work there.
Tylast

Post by Tylast »

Any chance of making a version (or option) for Amazon? I hardly get any good results with Google.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I might look into other sources if I get a chance. :)
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

This may sound stupid, but I can't get it to work. I have the icon on MediaMonkey but when I press it, nothing happens. No error or anything, just nothing. Any advice? Thanks
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well this is certainly strange behaviour. Firstly try restarting MM as the only reason the script won't run is if it thinks it's already running.

Secondly, (if firstly doesn't work) open BatchArtFinder.vbs in a text editor find lines 112-114...

Code: Select all

Sub ToolbarArtFinder(ClickedBtn)
  Call BatchArtFinder
End Sub
Change these to be...

Code: Select all

Sub ToolbarArtFinder(ClickedBtn)
  MsgBox "test"
  Call BatchArtFinder
End Sub
Then save and restart MM. When you click the button, do you get a popup message saying "test"?
trence

Post by trence »

When I used this to find all my album art, it finds them all, and I hit Save All. After that I click next, and it says all albums have art. I then look to verify, and they don't keep the art like it said.