Kill me now, love me later..... I like WMP 11 Beta 2!

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

Think I somehow didn't make myself clear there, sorry...

But I use the image file in each album folder to embed it in each songs ID3. I then leave the copy in the folder for later use.

Oh, one more thing, the more I use MM the more I like it......(EXCEPT the way it looks, which some user doesn't care about, but we are all different. I wish it could get more, eh "fancy"....because it has everythings else goind for it....)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think that you need to leave the originals as you can export the album art from the tags. I don't think that this would lead to quality loss of the album art.
But leaving them shouldn't hurt either.

Post by Guest »

I leave them because when I want to view my music folder in windows explorer, I can choose the thumbnail view (the art has to be labled folder.jpg) and you can look at the albums by their cd covers.
Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

Anonymous wrote:I leave them because when I want to view my music folder in windows explorer, I can choose the thumbnail view (the art has to be labled folder.jpg) and you can look at the albums by their cd covers.
Yepp, I like that function as well.....EXCEPT there are some bugs. Right now, everytime I create a new folder, it gets stuck with one of my album art images. AND it sometimes changes the image at will..... HOPEFULLY I'll stop using win explorer to find music and become a MM Master.... 8)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I assume that those who use Windows Explorer to navigate their music and like to see album art, miss the album art browser in MediaMonkey. Otherwise you have both the Location and My Computer node to simulate Windows Explorer browsing.
Blake

ARRGGGG

Post by Blake »

PLEASE! STOP SAYING WMP IS GOOD! ARRRGGG. I used to use it but now i think it is a load of (I wont say it). Anyway. there is nothing much else to say...
jawtab

WMP

Post by jawtab »

the new WMP is ddadadadadadDOPE!

love the list view with album art... EZ stuff.

I've been using MM to update my database on my SLVR but play locally with WMP.

thank god for MM.
Cephlon

Post by Cephlon »

fncll wrote:And you can do this from the command line with something like this:
attrib -H c:\mysongs\ /S

where c:\mysongs\ is the path to your library (no reason to have hidden files right?)
WMP changed all my files to hidden and system files. Do you know that command I can use to change them from not being system files?
Damn M$!!! DAMN YOU!!!

Post by Guest »

Cephlon wrote:
fncll wrote:And you can do this from the command line with something like this:
attrib -H c:\mysongs\ /S

where c:\mysongs\ is the path to your library (no reason to have hidden files right?)
WMP changed all my files to hidden and system files. Do you know that command I can use to change them from not being system files?
Damn M$!!! DAMN YOU!!!
Never mind. This is what I used:
attrib -H -S "D:\My Documents\My Music\*.*" /S /D
KSOLANO

Post by KSOLANO »

MM works great EXCEPT for one problem;

after a certain amount of songs added (47 to be exact) a window pops up that says an erroe has occured while trying to add a song. why does this keep happening? I've tried restoring my ipod and uninstalling and re-installing MM, but nothing changes. HELP PLEASE! nothing else will let me add songs to my ipod. Itunes won't install either.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

This is proabably because that song is "DRM" protected and MediaMonkey cannot process it. This is not a fault of MM but the control placed on these songs by, in particular WMP and iTunes.

It has been raised as a Wishlist Item already, that it would be great if MM just skipped over these songs and reported them after scanning but not halting the scan each time it comes across a "DRM" protected track.