iTunes version 1.1 (Last updated 6. Dec)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Elsinor

Post by Elsinor »

thx! i loved itunes, now i lone MM
alveryx

Just wanted to let you know...

Post by alveryx »

Your iTunes skin is my favorite on mediamonkey, it's the only one I use, and I think you did a great job with it. It's clean, subtle, elegant. Thank you for making it.
Morten

Post by Morten »

No problem. :wink:
Input

Post by Input »

Good job! This is exactly what i need!
aidan_cage

switch player image

Post by aidan_cage »

can you possibly tell me how to change the image of the player? I want to play with some other winamp player skins, but keep the iTunes skin in the balance...is this possible? maybe it is not, and I am just too noobid to know. PM, if you wish to help, or just post below.

PEACE - Tristan
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

you will have to get the theme skin engine and combine the winamp
skin with the monkey skin you like.

or get the winamp sking wsz file from their site for the skin you like

rename it to a .zip file.

get the wsz file for the monkey skin you like rename it to a .zip file

put both in a new folder in the monkey's skins folder.

unzip both in to the folder in this order.

monkeys skin file first.

then
the winamp skin file second.

this will allow the winamp files that are used in the monkey skin
to be over wrote by the winamp files.

then you just remove the two zip files from the folder.
and rename the folder to the name you like the best for the skin.

you will then need to open monkey and go to the options for the skins
and select that name you just made.

you will then have your edited and combined skin show up.

it's not the same as making your own skin but it is a easier way to make a skin you like from two others you like.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
aidan_cage

awesomness

Post by aidan_cage »

rovingcowboy = masterplan crafter distributer of information applicable and worthy of ready reading. Thanks!

I figured it out somewhat similarly, and posted that on another thread. I did roughly that, but just copied and pasted the main elements from the monkey theme to the winamp player theme, then just emptied out the font.ini file and voila!

I like the main monkey theme I have (for now :wink: ), but it is nice to jazz around with the player.
I like Media Monkey mucho, but it is still a little buggy, or just some stuff I did messed it up, or a combination of causes creating instability. Regardless, it is nice to be off the itunes wagon. The program itself boots faster than iTunes, but the script I have that caches album art on startup for the album art node takes a bit of time to get going (I can still play music while this is going on, but it is a fact).
Also, the DisplaySongInfo panel I have scripted in gets weird around certain things. I find that if I try to get comments for an album off Amazon (ctrl L), and the album is not on Amazon...it messes with my tags or something, and the album art I had is gone, and I get an error from the script. I have to go into the tag and delete a strange album art tag (no album picture with a comment that includes "%" symbols) from all the songs in the album then reload the actual image into the tags.

Sorry, I know--wrong thread, long post (I forget what thread this is!)

PEACE - Tristan and thanks!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the album art in your case should be kept the way it needs to be for ogg files.

ogg files as far as i found in monkey can't store art in tags, so you need to put them in a folder and link too them.

doing that for you will give you a stable album art location that should
not be removed by the script since your saying to link to the art.
and the script is looking to add to the tags.

not completely sure on that since i don't get album art by scripts i go look for it my self.

the script deal is more for trixmoto he does that stuff.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.