Monkey Rok 4.1 - Updated 17/08/2009

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mattisse

Post by mattisse »

Really a great update!

Since 1.1 MonkeyRok hasn't crashed anymore and the dispplay of full size images also works like a charm.

Yet I found 2 things that might get improved:

1. The average album rating is not calculated correctly if rated and unrated songs are mixed in the same album. E.g. when there are 3 songs of an album, and let's say 1 is rated with 4 stars and the other 2 are not yet rated, then Monkey gives you an average album rating of 1 1/2 stars. It would be better if that album got an average rating of 4 stars.

2. For files that have no artwork embedded or linked, MonkeyRok displays the hidden system file 'folder.jpg' as thumbnail. it'd be nice if MonkeyRok ignored this file just like MM does.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

seems to be working pretty well for me...
but I have one small niggling design issue...

doesn't worry me too much but it's strange.

In the below picture... as basic or dark skin, there is no horizontal scrollbar... but as the new brushed skin, there is a horizontal scrollbar...

usually this wouldn't matter but because the player is on the same side, the column cannot be widened.

just something I noticed... excellent work and love the new brushed skin!

Last edited by DaledeSilva on Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

the other 'actual' problem I'm getting is when I right click on the song header and click on "selected" instead of "playing";

whenever I select a different file I get an error:
Line 57
Char 3
Object required: 'document.all(...)'
Code 0
basic_brushed/skin.html (thought the same error is present in all skins)

Dale.
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

If i change to "selected" this error occured

edit: someone was a litte faster
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

trixmoto wrote:- Added option to use Album Artist instead of Artist for context
Where do we find this option?
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

@Nebbin - go to Tools --> Options and then look for MonkeyRok Settings under the Player section. Then look for the checkbox at the bottom of that panel.
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

oops... serves me right for posting after midnight lol
(I really need to either get bigger monitors or decrease my 1800*1440 screen res... as illustrated by nose < 6" from screen when reading text - and so obviously missing some :oops: )

I'm really loving this new version. It's faster and far more customisable... which is unfortunate because it just makes me want more! :evil: The sorting options are much appreciated, as is the extra info stuff... which I didn't think I'd even like until trying it.

Is there a way to force an EOL / carriage return within the extra info box, rather than just let it arbitrarily wrap text?

Also, as an odd-ball request, would there be a way of adding COMPOSER as a context when searching for other albums / tracks? This would be great for classical music, but would probably mean a toggle of some kind (either by button or right-click menu) to choose between searched fields (artist, album artist, composer). Of course, this may going beyond what this script was designed to do, in which case ignore me. :) Something to consider at least.
m_bojangles

Post by m_bojangles »

Nebbin wrote:Is there a way to force an EOL / carriage return within the extra info box, rather than just let it arbitrarily wrap text?
Yes, add "<br>" without the quotes. For example:
<Custom1><br><Custom2>
Nebbin

Post by Nebbin »

Thanks for your help, m_bojangles. I swear one of these days I'll take a greater interest in coding / scripting and thus won't need to ask the really dumb questions :)
cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg »

Not exactly sure what this is supposed to do or I should say, how it is supposed to go about and work. Not all of my songs are organized yet and not all of them have correct data associated with them nor do they all have album art attached to them. It starts up just fine with MM and no erros, but nothing is displayed to start with or even after I have selected a song to play. I use an external player theough, winamp. Could this be the culprit? Is there something else I should be doing? I tried various songs to no avail..
cadmanmeg

Post by cadmanmeg »

Okay, I switched it to use the internal player provided by MM and it looks to work just fine. Maybe I should just use the internal player from here on it as a couple of other scripts of which I would like to use are tied to that internal player. Now what about customization of tjis script, how does that work? I right-clicked, but no options. I did see the options within MM's options and changed those as I felt needed. Is there more?

Thanks much for providing this script!
TJOHO

Post by TJOHO »

Holy crap! This just keeps getting better! :D
I especially like the ability to switch between Selected and Now Playing easily, and the new option of including a comment view. :D

Now for all the feature requests... :evil:

1. As I said, I really like to be able to see comments. I would also like it if the script could search and use information in comments (mind you, I'm no scripter so I don't even know if it is possible).
As outlined in a different thread, I have a lot of mixes in my library with a list of the original artists/songs in the comment field. Therefore, they show up if I do a regular text field search in MM.
It would be really cool if MonkeyRok could have the option for those who want it to navigate by this.
In other words, in addition to "Albums by X" and "Albums featuring X", there could be a "Mixes featuring X" list based on the comment field of the given mix.

2. Someone else mentioned gathering info from last.fm. Ditto that, cf. this thread. That would kill two birds with one Rok! :lol:

3. We already have the option to click a track to Play Now, and Alt+Click to Play Last. How about a shortcut to Play Next?

4. I am very grateful for the new brushed skins, now my Monkey is nice and uniform. Is it possible to also get a brushed_wide skin? (Some people are never satisfied... :wink: )

Seriously, this is amazing work, so even if none of this happens, MonkeyRok is a script that everyone should have. Thanks again Trixmoto.
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

great script again!
I have a request.

I would like to be able to check an option to flip the play now and play last behaviour... so that clicking a track plays it last and alt clicking a track plays it now.

"Play Now" interupts the currently playing track... so if you forget that it's alt-click or a noob is using your computer, the default action is to interupt the currently playing song. if this is flipped around it would be more logical I think...

however, just providing the option would be great.

thanks for a great script.
Dale.
RedX

Post by RedX »

Well i have to nag about this since i requested it in the last version and well it isn't there :P

it's about the albums from different artist. I'd like to see from who the track is in those cases...

Hopefully it's in 1.2 :)
teemac

Post by teemac »

@Trixmoto

Sorry I didn't get straight back - Transformer sub depot down the road exploded yesterday blacking out half the town.

All my music tracks have NO embedded art work. All artwork is .jpg format and is stored in each album folder as folder.jpg.

I have checked the jpg files and they all open OK in PaintShop Pro 8. I have rescanned or downloaded the relevant covers again and resaved them as folder.jpg into each albums folder then restarted Monkey, rescanned the alums affected, restarted Monkey again.

Still no go - really strange.

Thanks for your time to check on this little problem.