MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Teknojnky

MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Post by Teknojnky »

First off, very impressive. Quite amazing actually. Now if I can just get it to cook and clean... 8)

Some initial notes before I sleep: (clean install to new folder, did not import existing library or scripts or anything)

- player does not seem to be able to shrink down to 'windowshade' size like winamp can. Or at least I did not see how to yet.

- Quite a few of the mouse over are missing or on the wrong control.

- Auto-dj does not appear to work. EDIT: Ok, I got it to work by enable it on the PLAY menu, however enabling it the OPTIONS had no effect.

- read me file is for MM 2.5.1

- Only came with 1 skin, royal blue

+ LOVE THE ALBUM ART VIEWS WHEEEEEEE

+ LOVE THE ALBUM GAIN and auto analyze files missing analysis wuwu!

+ LOVE the new mini/toggleable progress bars

+ SUPER DUPER LOVE THE MULTIMONITOR SUPPORT WHOOHOOOO

Ok I must sleep now! :x
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

that's strange...

I installed to a new directory also... yes.. it didn't import the library but it did have all the files in now playing that I'd left in there before closing the old one.

then I close MM 3.0 and opened MM 2.5.5 and it said it was the first time I'd used it and the database was empty...

my latest backup isn't current but it's not too old so I'm not that fussed..

but where are the database files kept? - how could this have happened?

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

DaledeSilva wrote:then I close MM 3.0 and opened MM 2.5.5 and it said it was the first time I'd used it and the database was empty...
Ou shit, I haven't done a backup... Let's hope the best...

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Do you have a mediamonkey.mdb.~mdb
if so, lop the .~mdb off the end. That'll be you pre 3.0 db
pah68

Re: MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Post by pah68 »

Teknojnky wrote:+ LOVE THE ALBUM ART VIEWS WHEEEEEEE
What Album Art Views?? :-?
Miki

Post by Miki »

The 4 little icon buttons below the toolbar, look like the views in explorer, press them ;)

Excellent build!
Love the fact that i can drag for my ratings!

My library didnt import either, but ive got plenty of backups so ill have a play around now.

Mike.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

DaledeSilva wrote: but where are the database files kept? - how could this have happened?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15384
point 1796 :wink:

I'm now looking, how I can get my old library into the new SQLite.
If there is a solution, please let us know.
Miki

Post by Miki »

Thanks for pointing that out :)
Its still a bit early ... :P

Location of database is:
C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey
Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

GREAT.............I LOVE IT,IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Even though I don't like the blue color around the "bars" but it looks great on the player. On the bars, it just looks like the Old "XP" blue)

I did't have any of my mp3 in the 3.0 but the last played mp3's showed up...

I DID make a backup of the 2.5 stuff.....phu

Then to the more serious stuff:
  • 1. Adding a folder with 10 albums took AGES
    2. For some reason, adding the files slowed my system down dramatically
    3. I lost internet connection on all programs wile scanning and it came back afterwards (not sure this is a MM bug but happened only on adding mp3's)
    4. The "Album Art (Now Playing)" is not centered. In the upper and left border, it's aligned, but there is an extra small blue border on the right
    5. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ALBUM ART VIEWS.....BUT, an album with several different artists appears with 18 covers, one for each artist, even though they have one Album Artist.
    6. Don't think it reads ID tags properly.....I know I had one cd tagged with one "Album Artist" but it now only shows "Various" (RESOLVED, MY BAD)
    7. Would like the "Track Properties" different. The input spaces should be different color then the background.
    8. Still like the "old" way, with Track Title, Artist, Album next to each other
    9. Undocking the "Now Playing" window stalls/locks the window after a few seconds and then you can't close it, rezise or move.
    10. Can't dock it back....(ah, yes I can under "List")
    11. Ah, right clicking it locks/stalls it....need to restart to "unfreeze"
    12. PLUUUEEEAAASE, new splash screen...with a big FAT 3 point O'
    13. Changing between album view is too close to the "move icons" option, resulting in me moving the whole thing down to a new line
    14. I THINK I would like the OPTION (clue here is OPTION) to have ONE list of mp3's, the library view and have the "now playing" bold lettering moving on this list...
    15. When viewing the album art and the album tracks next to each other, I would like to have all the tracks collapsed from get-go (standard) and the option to HIDE them.
    16 VERY IMPORTANT: The shuffle button NEEDS to be next to the play/pause button. NOT the other side!!!
    17. Did I mention I love it?
    18. How about having icons (manageable) instead of the Music Explorer Three. If you just want "Artist", "Year", "Playlists" and "Album" for instance??? The other options could be drag down og menu items??
    19. The player should be reziable.....I would like it smaller...
    20. It still works with Foxy Tunes, GRRRRREAT!!
    21. I would like an Icon for a specific Folder Location, user changable, so I don't need to navigate several folder layers...
    22. Changing the "Album Artist" from Various too the artist, did not remove the multiple covers in album art view.
    23. A "Quick Shift" button to switch between views should be placed in the player window. To switch between Album Art view and List View
    24. The blue border arround the whole program window makes it look a bit "cramped" a more neutral color would make it blend with the screen better
    25. No "sound" glitches.....good
    26. What about the "Album Art Flip View" we saw somebody else make?
    27. You should use the same terms for extensions and themes that Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird uses..... Add-Ons and Themes

Last edited by Sebastian78 on Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattisse

Post by mattisse »

0714 Added support for multiple Genres, Artists, Albums, CDs

I haven't quite figuered out how this is done.
Anyone's got a hint for me? :wink:
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

I'm a bit confused. Does MM 3.0 still support Microsoft Access Databases (.mdb)? or do we have to convert our existing library to the new .db format?

Also, there seems to be a MediaMonkey folder in My Music, plus c:\documents and settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application data\Mediamonkey. Which one is it. (I did a clean install and deleted all the MediaMonkey folders) (I did backup my database though)
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

julzcompufreek wrote:I'm a bit confused. Does MM 3.0 still support Microsoft Access Databases (.mdb)? or do we have to convert our existing library to the new .db format?

Also, there seems to be a MediaMonkey folder in My Music, plus c:\documents and settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application data\Mediamonkey. Which one is it. (I did a clean install and deleted all the MediaMonkey folders) (I did backup my database though)
MM3 doesn't use MDB file. We're using SQLite now and it's in the new location "c:\documents and settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mediamonkey". And about DB conversion ... first alpha doesn't have DB converting functionality (we're mentioned it some time ago).
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

PetrCBR wrote:first alpha doesn't have DB converting functionality (we're mentioned it some time ago).
I'm already working on a small conversion tool. Can't live without my old library - too much work :wink:
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

onkel_enno wrote:
PetrCBR wrote:first alpha doesn't have DB converting functionality (we're mentioned it some time ago).
I'm already working on a small conversion tool. Can't live without my old library - too much work :wink:
Nice, but we can't guarantee that new DB structure stays as is now in alpha. For this reason alpha hasn't built-in conversion utility.
PetrCBR

Re: MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Post by PetrCBR »

- player does not seem to be able to shrink down to 'windowshade' size like winamp can. Or at least I did not see how to yet.
Yes. In MM3 player doesn't have this functionality becouse MM3 supports fully user definable players (player in MM2 has defined size and can't be sized but in MM3 size and sizeability is in hand of the skin creator).
- Quite a few of the mouse over are missing or on the wrong control.
I'm not sure what you mean by this ? Can you send any screens (bugreports att mediamonkey dott com).
- Only came with 1 skin, royal blue
Yes. We have only one complete skin yet, but there's some other skins in progress.

Petr