Tagging Inconsistencies 4.0.1 (2014-02-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Good suggestion!
It'll be implemented in the next version.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated:
Ver 1.1 (2007-03-04)
- Added Albums with Same Title (i.e. Tracktitles)
- Added Albums with Single Artist <> Album Artist (Compilations automatically excluded)
- Added Albums with No Album Artist
- Added Artists with THE Inconsistencies (Finds: "Beatles" vs "The Beatles" vs "Beatles, The", if at least two of them exists)
- Added Subnodes displaying the inconsistency in question (Not in: Missing/To many tracks)
- Fixed Bug with Same Track#'s so now it works as it should
- Changed name of script to "Tagging Inconsistencies"

Will perhaps add a few more nodes during the week if I solve some SQL difficulties.

This was a time consuming and tricky update so:
Bug reports, suggestions and comments are welcome!

Enjoy!
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 »

Incredible script. I love it.

There's like no loading times for the nodes as well.

Thanks Bex.
judas

Post by judas »

How about albums with...
different cover art (or simpler, some songs with cover art, some without)

BTW, love the script...good one bex
Cheers, judas
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

judas wrote:How about albums with...
different cover art (or simpler, some songs with cover art, some without)
Great suggestion, I'd love that myself.

This has become one of my favorite and most used scripts.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks guys!
Your nice comments gets me going! :D

Covers? Just wait and see. 8) (That's what I'm working on)

I have more cool stuff to put into this script but you'll have to wait to see what it is... 8)

Regarding inconstancies with "Featuring,Feat,Ft,Ft." and "Presenting, Presents,Pres,Pres." and "Versus,Vers,Vers.,Vs,Vs.":
- It's not possible to accomplish what I want with JET SQL but it is with SQLite so when MM 3.0's database structure is set, I'll implement it in MM 3.0.

My suggestion though to find these inconstancies is the to use Auto-playlists to find them and then Steegy's great PersonalTagEnhancer script to correct them:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 2092#42092

All My Scripts
raven096

Post by raven096 »

I love this script it has come in handy! I'd like to make a suggestion/feature request.

I've noticed under 'Multiple Genres' my 'Various' and 'Various Artist' keep showing up. I'm not sure if this is possible but if so how about an ignore option or possibly just a setting to ignore 'Various'. Unfortunately I don't know vbs, but another option could be a 'settings.ini'.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Thanks!
But do you mean that your compilations always are tagged with different genres? i.e. you don't any compilations that should have only one genre?

All My Scripts
raven096

Post by raven096 »

Yes, because they are 'Compilation' albums they have different genres per album. ex:
Various Artists Album:100% Funk Genre:Funk
Various Artists Album:1996 Grammy Nominees Genre:Rock/Pop
Various Artists Album:Millennium Hip-Hop Party Genre:R&B/Soul

etc.
Bex

Post by Bex »

The node only displays albums, compilations or not, that has more than one genre. If you exclude compilations then you wont find those which are incorrectly tagged! Perhaps I could implement an OK-list? (as in my duplicate script)

All My Scripts
barney

in Version 3.0

Post by barney »

I did not see this functionality in version 3.0 Do you know if it will be included?
barney

installation

Post by barney »

Is there a auto install for this script? I followed the steps and got errors. trixmoto scripts installed without the headaches.

I will keep trying, just curious if I missed the thread.

This will be great if I can get it to work
Thanks
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi barney,
I will not make this script MM 3 compatible until its final database structure has been set.

No sorry, there are no installer you have to install it manually.
What errors do you get?
Did you do this?

Code: Select all

' INSTALL:
' 1) Goto "Mediamonkey\Scripts\Auto" folder. Right click and create a txt file.
' 2) Name it InconsistentTagging.vbs
'      Make sure the icon is a VBS icon. i.e. the file isn't named InconsistentTagging.vbs.txt
'      To always display all filenames with extension in explorer, do this:
'       a. In explorer, go to Tools->Folder Options->View Tab
'       b. Uncheck "hide file extensions for known file types"
' 3) Copy all this content into the file and save it.
' 4) (Re)start MediaMonkey
' 5) Goto the "Files To Edit"-Node. In there you will find the "Tagging Inconsistencies"-Node. 

All My Scripts
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

There's really nothing to it. Copy and paste the script into notepad, save as InconsistentTagging.vbs and drop it into the Scripts/Auto folder.

:D

Edit: Oops, I see Bex beat me to it. :D
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

sometimes the forum will word wrap lines and that can screw up the code.

try maximizing your browser and then copy/paste.