AutoPlaylist conditions

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Acedrew

AutoPlaylist conditions

Post by Acedrew »

Would like to be able to check for inclusion in another playlist as part of the criteria
greggw

Post by greggw »

I would like to be able to specify "doesn't equal" as a condition for Rating in AutoPlaylists. For example, I would like to specify Ratings doesn't equal 2 stars.

It would also be helpful to select multiple values for Rating, such as Rating equals unknown, 3 stars, 4 stars, 5 stars.
Last edited by greggw on Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregg W
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

It's in the alpha for MM3
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

yep and diddeleedoo is waiting to have the finished mm3 stable release version before he does any corretions to his autorating script.

but his script does what you want on the ratings and works with mm 2.5.5
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
oglomonkey

suggestions for autoplaylist

Post by oglomonkey »

1. Source of songs to be included is one or more playlists (already suggested)

2. Limit the number of tracks to be selected to 1 (or user defined) tracks for Artist (or user definable field)

As for the second request I am desperately seeking for something (a script maybe to extend the plalist creation)

Thanks
greggw

Post by greggw »

rovingcowboy wrote:yep and diddeleedoo is waiting to have the finished mm3 stable release version before he does any corretions to his autorating script.

but his script does what you want on the ratings and works with mm 2.5.5
8)
I'm not interested in having the songs in my library rated automatically. I want to consciously assign a rating to each song.

The problem is that a large number of songs in my library have no rating ("unknown"). But, I still want to include unrated songs in an autoplaylist. I've already assigned a rating of "1" or "2" to songs that I don't want to be included in an autoplaylist. So, I want to be able create playlists from songs with 3, 4, or 5 stars or with no rating ("unknown"). Even Advance Autoplaylist Creation doesn't provide that capability (at least in version 2.5.5).
Gregg W
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

check diddeleedoo's autorateing and announcer thread in the scripts forum room.. i know had what he called a catch up ratings scrtip that allowed you to set the ratings of all the song you wanted a certain rate. you could run it and let it go for aslong as needed it would adjust your songs. and it only worked when you told it too.

i am not sure if he put it in the all scripts thread.? shuck's i can't remember if i even put it in the all scrpits thread for him so check there also. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

as for the playlsits i think you need to make them the way you want with the magic nodes script. i think unknown rating would equal 0 in the code. something like

current song rating=>0
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

greggw,

... lol

I'm quite surprised that there is no "not equal to" int he advanced autoplaylist section for rating... this should definitely be put in.

as for a work around (those dreaded words)
and a work around that will only work in MM3 no less!

when you get MM3, make a playlist that says match "ANY" of these criteria

rating = unknown
rating >= 3

that will do what you want.. and if that's all you want, easy.

if you want to add some more MANDATORY criteria you have to do it by combining playlists (MM doesn't have a complexe query builder, which is unfortunate - I don't shut up about this btw).

so... create another autoplaylist that says match ALL of the criteria

playlist = is in playlist 1
other criteria

as for magic nodes... that supports a query type string and you can probably do it there... (though it would be more complicated than rovingcowboys example)

- but while people always suggest magic nodes as an answer, 'I' find it's rarely an answer when working with playlists... quite often you want playlists for transferring to ipods and the like.. and you don't have that same functionality with a magic node.

hop that helps, shame it's only available in MM 3
Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
greggw

Post by greggw »

Thanks, Dale.

I'll take a look at Magic Nodes and wait for version 3.
Gregg W
sn0skier

Post by sn0skier »

I agree, with the first users comments--we need a feature on autoplaylists that depends on whether or not the file is in another playlist. I filled up my 60 gb ipod the other day with music, and now I want to create a playlist of music I DON'T want on my ipod and then create another autoplaylist whose parameters are that the songs must not be in the non-ipod playlist. this is a lot easier then trying to add all the new music to an ipod playlist every time I add it to my library especially since there is no way to organize your music in the library by recently added. It seems weird to me that this feature doesn't come automatically like it does in itunes and windows media player and that no one has written a script to correct this problem.
If no one knows of any scripts that might solve this problem, can anyone think of a more convenient work around? I was thinking about making the non-ipod playlist and then occasionally changing the comments of all the files in that playlist to NON-IPOD and then creating an autoplaylist whose parameters are "comments" doesn't equal "NON-IPOD." A bit inconvenient, but the best thing I can think of.